mistaken identity stories?

2»

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Nate: die.

Some lady came up to me at the swap meet and asked me if I "taught hip hop" ???

I was thoroughly confused and shook it off. It was 8:30 am or something.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    The cops once mistook me for a bank robber.

Me too except the dude robbed a Dominos. I had guns drawn on me and all that.
    Meanwhile I see the guy running away through 4 lanes of traffic right behind the cops.
    Crazy.

Damn, that's funny. I didn't get guns pulled on me, but I got a pretty thorough search right in front of my work. I worked at a printing factory with a bunch of hopped-up rednecks, so I took a lot of shit for it.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I know a similar thread was posted here a few years ago.

Anyway, summer of 1991, I was back home looking in Jelly's I believe, when it was next to Records Hawai'i. I was scruffy looking, had I had any sense of style, I could've been hi-pro and looked like the guy from Coheed & Cambria. Anyway, I had a Poison Idea T-shirt and there were two guys on the other side of the racks, almost whispering. They make their way around and I heard one of them say "that's Pig Champion!"

Old story, I know, I don't have anything else right now.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    My father was once working for a Japanese company. While being in Tokyo in a sports shop, some guys thought that he was Michael Douglas. He played along and had to give autographs. That was around the time when MD was out with "Falling down"...not that my father was/is anything like that part in the movie, but he looks a bit like MD though...

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    "that's Pig Champion!"

Who's Pig Champion?

One time I was at a mall in the suburbs of Chicago and two teenage girls came up to me thinking I was Enrique Iglesias. I had a really nice tan that summer.

When I used to go to a lot of raves, my Korean friend was constantly getting mistaken him for another, short and stocky Korean chap who happened to be a pretty big-time drug dealer. It ended up working out pretty well for him -- he would just middle-man himself a few deals and "party for free."

• I think I've posted about this before, but the security guard at the Duane Reade near my apartment insists we did a bid together.

The mind fairly reels!

Next time he brings it up, ask him what you were in for.

And Day:

The cops once mistook me for a bank robber.

Me too except the dude robbed a Dominos. I had guns drawn on me and all that.
    Meanwhile I see the guy running away through 4 lanes of traffic right behind the cops.
    Crazy.

You never told me Daze robbed a Dominos!

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    "that's Pig Champion!"

Who's Pig Champion?

The late guitarist for Poison Idea and a greasy record collector (I once saw him pay for records with a wad of money stuck in the waistband of his sweatpants).

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I think I've posted about this before, but the security guard at the Duane Reade near my apartment insists we did a bid together.

The mind fairly reels boggles!

Next time he brings it up, ask him what you were in for.

I have also, at the same Duane Reade, twice been mistaken for an employee.

I do not know why anybody would think that the guy wandering the dietary supplements aisle in a suit actually works there.

I can only conclude that--to some people--not only do all white people look alike, but all white dude fashions are indistinguishable; that is, it is difficult to differentiate between the way I rock a tailored suit and the way some other white dude would drape himself in a Duane Reade-issued smock.

They all dress the same.

• First off, David Lee Roth prefers "the mind fairly reels," and if it's good enough for Diamond Dave, then it's good enough for me.

Now, plaese braek down the scienz on this one:

dietary supplements aisle

Metamucil? U Mad (blocked), son?

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    i'm gonna reply to everyone and say that i can't wait because i made out with russell peters after getting really hammered one night. ill update if i get any interesting responses.

LOL. full report plaese

i think i went a little overboard because its been like 20 minutes and i havent gotten a response...so i'm assuming the first person who received it knocked me off the email chain.

i was wrong. the email chain has continued today and, not only am i included, but a few dudes have made jokes about what i said. not jokes, like, who the f*ck is this dude, but responding to what i said and actually using my name. i'm assuming everyone must not know eachother. HA!

i need to step things up a notch.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    First off, David Lee Roth prefers "the mind fairly reels," and if it's good enough for Diamond Dave, then it's good enough for me.

Now, plaese braek down the scienz on this one:

dietary supplements aisle

Metamucil? U Mad (blocked), son?

Whoops!

"Dietary supplements" was, in fact, a grievious mispelling of "family planning"...

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    "that's Pig Champion!"

Who's Pig Champion?