EIGHTBALL AND MJG - RIDIN' HIGH

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
NEXT WEEK TUESDAYCOP THAT SHIT01- Intro [00:48]02- Relax and Take Notes Feat Notorious [04:52]B.I.G. and Project Pat03- Ridin High [04:19]04- Turn Up the Bump [04:29]05- Cruzin Feat Three 6 Mafia and Slim of 112 [05:20]06- Watchu Gonna Do Feat Pimp C [04:50]07- 30 Rocks Feat Diddy [04:23]08- Blow Job Interlude [01:34]09- Hickory Dickory Dock [04:53]10- Runnin Out of Bud Feat Killer Mike [05:13]11- Clap on Feat Yung Joc [03:50]12- Alchohol Pussy Weed [03:38]13- Pimpin Interlude [00:31]14- Pimpin Don't Fail Me Now Feat Jazze Pha [03:57]and Juvenile15- Worldwide [04:26]16- Take it Off Feat Poo Bear [05:22]17- Memphis Feat Al Kapone [03:59]18- Get Low [04:01]19- Stand Up [04:21]

Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Down to check it out, I just hope it's better than

I tried on this one a couple times but could not get into it. Am I missing something?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    LIVING LEGENDS HAS A MUCH DIFFERENT SOUND THAN THEIR PAST ALBUMS BUT STILL CONTAINS MANY BANGERS. BANGLADESH WHO PRODUCED A MAJORITY OF THE TRACKS ON LIVING LEGENDS HAS A BUNCH OF TRACKS ON RIDIN' HIGH ALSO SO TAKE THAT INTO ACCOUNT.

STRAIGHT CADILLAC PIMPIN, DON'T WANT NO DRAMA, LOOK AT THE GRILLZ, CONFESSIONS, MEMPHIS CITY BLUES, DON'T MAKE ARE ALL EXCELLENT TRACKS FROM LIVING LEGENDS

Yeah the production wasn't really my issue, it just didn't seem to "stick" when i listened to it. I'll check it again.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I plan to support this, but it looks like a lot of that material has been circulating on mixtapes for awhile... that's what happens when your release date keeps getting pushed back.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I plan to support this, but it looks like a lot of that material has been circulating on mixtapes for awhile... that's what happens when your release date keeps getting pushed back.
    yeah, get low has been out for almost a year now. i've seen two different tracklistings so far but i hope "for an outfit" got cut cos that song is kinda garbage.

yeah, get low has been out for almost a year now. i've seen two different tracklistings so far but i hope "for an outfit" got cut cos that song is kinda garbage.

That's actually an interpolation/remake of an old NOLA bounce record (although the catchphrase may even have existed before that)... but it doesn't really work.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yeah, i'm aware of the tribute but i guess i am just disconnected from the NOLA bounce scene. i am sure others would appreciate it more

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Down to check it out, I just hope it's better than

I tried on this one a couple times but could not get into it. Am I missing something?
    yes. what brian said + i think this record is great
    Incredibly consistent record, actually. I like the song with 112

I'm surprised this is dropping already. Pleasantly surprised. Most of the shit I've heard from it has been pretty good to great. (Riding High, Cruisin, the one w/ project pat)

• Can't front of them two dudes.

yes. what brian said + i think this record is great
    Incredibly consistent record, actually. I like the song with 112

"Incredibly consistent" might be taking it a bit far, but I think it's a good record...

Even "I Need a Girl (Memphis Remix)" Pts. IV, V & VI are cool.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Well 'incredibly consistent' didn't mean that it wasn't flawed; just that its not a record where i skip a lot of tracks, even if it isn't an overwhelmingly great album listening experience or something. solid

Well 'incredibly consistent' didn't mean that it wasn't flawed; just that its not a record where i skip a lot of tracks, even if it isn't an overwhelmingly great album listening experience or something. solid

Oh jeez.

Yes it does. What you're describing is "pretty consistent".

"Incredible doesn't actually mean incredible when I use it!"

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Oh jeez.

Yes it does. What you're describing is "pretty consistent".

"Incredible doesn't actually mean incredible when I use it!"
    haha dude this is getting ridicluous pedantic but you're still misunderstanding me. I'm saying the highs aren't that high, but there are no really weak songs. Thats different from, like, King, where there were a bunch of great songs and a couple songs i just trashed altogether (like that bullshit with Common)(although really Tip's verses on that were still hot but still crappy song)

your reasoning here is like one step up from rapreviews giving dudes ratings on 'lyrics vibes' and 'music vibes' or whatever

• your reasoning here is like one step up from rapreviews giving dudes ratings on 'lyrics vibes' and 'music vibes' or whatever

You are not worthy of puffing and passing Faux_Rillz's lyrical blunt.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I plan to support this, but it looks like a lot of that material has been circulating on mixtapes for awhile...
    This is part of the reason I don't get why people complain about albums being a good 19 tracks or whatever - who wants Illmatic-length albums when half the album leaks beforehand anyway?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    WATCHU GONNA DO IS

I plan to support this, but it looks like a lot of that material has been circulating on mixtapes for awhile...
    This is part of the reason I don't get why people complain about albums being a good 19 tracks or whatever - who wants Illmatic-length albums when half the album leaks beforehand anyway?

The fact that an album leaks a few weeks before release doesn't bother me, but an album that is thrown together out of material that has been circulting for up to two years does.

Not saying that that's the case with this album, just that it's annoying; when your project leaks and then spends a year or two on the shelf, time to start fresh.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    ^^^Yeah thats basically what I'm saying, I don't mean the leak thats gonna happen in a couple days anyway but the pre-release material thats circuiting around. Its nice to have that shit on a single CD but they better have a gang of new tracks with it.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    ^^^Yeah thats basically what I'm saying, I don't mean the leak thats gonna happen already[/b]

Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak

Now I have to wait all day until I hear it on the way home after work.

Btw, what's the story with that Z-Ro album on the same site? Archaic? Anyone?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i'm just gonna buy it on tues.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    IN STORES TODAY/TOMORROW
    WATCHU GONNA DO
    HICKERY DICKERY DOCK
    YOUR GIRL PULLED OUT MY COCK
    CHYEAH

Btw, what's the story with that Z-Ro album on the same site?

And what's up with the Game Re-Advocate? A remix album? With a Dr. Dre produced track?? Sorry to threadjack. For what it's worth, I will not download the Ball and G either, I will pick it up since the release date is, well, tomorrow.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    So, opinions?

Listened to it a couple of times now and I have to say that I am enjoying this immensely. Puffy's influence seems less all over this than Living Legends which works out well. First decent rap album I've heard in 07.

Someone needs to put up a proper review on Amazon though, I mean:

Editorial Reviews

Product Description
    Hard-hitting hip-hop with a respectful nod to R&B and the blues, the set opens with a dramatic intro that seems to forewarn listeners of what is to come.

Deary me.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i worked with these guys on their first and second releases [tape -op/engineer]and I have to say they were super cool dudes in the studio

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i worked with these guys on their first and second releases [tape -op/engineer]and I have to say they were super cool dudes in the studio
    plaese with stories about recording "comin' out hard".

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    there were no hoes in the studio
    just the 2 of them maybe one of their friends-no posse
    me and 2 other guys from the studio hired by the label working hard late at night smokin up lotsa chronic and drinkin dom an eatin delivery gourmet
    i remember that night well because juju/beatnuts dudes and them were in another studio down the hall and they were n boppin' to that shit hard
    @ 4 am when all the engineers meet to blast lines to stay awake[exclude me from this scenario as i NEVER EVER FUCK with YAY YO OR ANY HARD DRUGS EVER....REALLY!!!!!}and everyone was trippin on that track.
    after that joint all that crunk bounce shit seemed weak to me

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    me and 2 other guys from the studio hired by the label working hard late at night smokin up lotsa chronic and drinkin dom an eatin delivery gourmet
    i remember that night well because juju/beatnuts dudes and them were in another studio down the hall and they were n boppin' to that shit hard
    @ 4 am when all the engineers meet to blast lines to stay awake[exclude me from this scenario as i NEVER EVER FUCK with YAY YO OR ANY HARD DRUGS EVER....REALLY!!!!!}and everyone was trippin on that track.
    thats what i'm talkin bout.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts

that reminded me of a recent 8 ball solo track i heard the other day - i think the title is "club" something or the other - where he raps "i never put a gram of coke inside my nose". For whatever it's worth.