can we talk about...

dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
same question with a slight emphasis (and yes I searched the archives)Can we talk about record cleaning for store dudes? Some of the machines and gizmos listed in previous threads look intersting, but I'm wondering what dudes who work in stores do to clean records quickly, effeciently, and I guess quietly if you're behind a counter, before they go out on the rack. Hit me!

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I didn't think too many places clean their stuff. Maybe if it's really dirty and going to have a decent price put on it, but it's seems like so much stuff just gets put out. There is no way a store could clean everything?

Having said that I always just see people useing the old the spray and rag tachnique.

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    There is no way a store could clean everything?

Having said that I always just see people useing the old the spray and rag tachnique.
    yeah, but a lot of stuff comes in relatively clean. sometimes though there's a batch of nice records that aren't too scratched but are pretty grimy. Just looking for some thoughts on quick ways to clean them without making the record look like it's been raked over.