Folsom Prison Blues - Funk Cover

bsuwolfbsuwolf 83 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
I am needing help identifying the artist that did a funk cover of Johnny Cash's "Folsom Prison Blues". Three years ago I purchased a mix cd from the Soulsavers Soundsystem (uk) entitled something like "Fear & Loathing.." and it contained an edited version of this cover but no tracklisting. It sounds like its from the late 60s / early 70s and almost sounds like a Beatles medley at the end of the tune. I have searched quite a few places with no luck. I have been visiting soulstrut for over a year, but this is the first thing I thought was worthy of posting. If anyone could identify the artist and if it is readily available, I would greatly appreciate it. If this is something obvious, than I apologize and I hope you take it easy on me (I have read how you treat some newbies). Thanks for your help in advance!

Comments

• I meant to post this too when that Soulsavers mix dropped way back when.
    I never found out what the track was... anyone?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Freddi Henchi and Soulsetters on Tower label. A ripping version that ends with the Hey Jude chorus.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    can somebody up it? sounds.....

• bsuwolfbsuwolf 83 Posts
    Thanks alot Dr. Wu, this has been a long search for me. I really appreciate it!

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    def. thanks for uploading it... I don't think I'm feelin' it though...I'll give it a few more listens....