if you hafta debate about it, then ITS DEAD!!!!!

Digger_Phelps_IIDigger_Phelps_II 174 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
thats how i feel...nobody was claiming hiphop was "dead" or "over" back in the early 2000's, 90's or 80's....but if there is suddenly a shift in which sides are chosen and you have folks VEHEMENTLY trying to prove that hip hop is NOT dead then that shit is just sad!!! imagine in 1994 if ANYONE said "this hiphop shit is dead"!!!! you couldnt do it.....but now you can and there's a dozen reasons that can be cited (thats where the debate comes in)maybe it aint "dead" butto paraphrase nas, hip hop has now become just another "hustle"...thats it...i hope all fans would at least agree that there has(is) a drastic decline in quality...peace

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    thats how i feel...nobody was claiming hiphop was "dead" or "over" back in the early 2000's, 90's or 80's....but if there is suddenly a shift in which sides are chosen and you have folks VEHEMENTLY trying to prove that hip hop is NOT dead then that shit is just sad!!! imagine in 1994 if ANYONE said "this hiphop shit is dead"!!!! you couldnt do it.....but now you can and there's a dozen reasons that can be cited (thats where the debate comes in)

maybe it aint "dead" but
    to paraphrase nas, hip hop has now become just another "hustle"...thats it...i hope all fans would at least agree that there has(is) a drastic decline in quality...

peace

Dude, take this shit back to the thread it belongs in.

And for the record, there were plenty of dudes who thought hip-hop died when it got recorded on record back in the late '70s. The debate isn't that new. It's simply become more vocal thanks to forums like these.