Getting hyphy in Marin...Disconnected reporting R

GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
http://www.marinij.com/marin/ci_5358227Some excerpts:A town-hall meeting was called for getting hyphy...
Corte Madera Mayor Melissa Gill said the events of the "unfortunate incident" will be reviewed by town officials, including the town's policy on rental of buildings and any related requirements. The matter will be discussed at the City Council's regularly scheduled meeting at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Poor Marin kids. They have nothing to do in this safe, sport-filled environment.
"It's really ironic. We live in Marin, and I feel safer sending my daughter to San Francisco. It's so unfortunate," Carter said. "There's so little for kids to do in Marin, other than play sports."
Hyphy explained:
WHAT IS HYPHY?Hyphy is a music and dance expression that grew out of the Bay Area hip-hop scene, primarily in Oakland and Richmond. The term evolved from the word hyper, or hyperactive, to describe spontaneous movements in dancing to music. Other slang terms to describe having fun include "gettin' stupid" and "goin' dumb."The movement emerged about 2000, although it has appeared only recently in mainstream culture. One newsmaking feature of the movement is "sideshows," in which cars do doughnuts by braking and turning at high speeds. The activity has grabbed headlines in the Bay Area and across the state as officials and police agencies battle the dangerous activity.Another feature includes "ghost-ridin' the whip," in which a driver walks alongside a slow-rolling car with the doors open to give the appearance it's driving itself.
Something about the Marin IJ reporting on hyphy really irks me.

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    "It's really ironic. We live in Marin, and I feel safer sending my daughter to San Francisco. It's so unfortunate," Carter said. "There's so little for kids to do in Marin, other than play sports."

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Who would be surprised if it was the pepper spray that caused ALL of the injuries at that show?

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    Its because 2pac is from Marin.
    That place has gangster written all over it.
    Saulsalito, San Rafael, Corta Madera, San Anselmo

ANTE UP!

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Its because 2pac is from Marin.
    That place has gangster written all over it.
    Saulsalito, San Rafael, Corta Madera, San Anselmo

ANTE UP!

DON'T TET THE CARMEL...

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    THE BURBS ARE BLOWING UP

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    THE BURBS ARE BLOWING UP

how did you get such a large image to not get blocked?

me and the king of the burbs are tight like that (nohomo)

jk, really i have no clue

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    must be some modderhatter - burbs love or some shit like that
    i try to post huge pictures of Patric Swazey (nohomo) and its no go.

i try to post huge pictures of Patric Swazey (nohomo) and its no go.

that's understandable