Credit Card Strut

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
I have some piece of shit Chase card right now that I want to do a balance transfer from so I don't get fucked over by this shit anymore. Every card I've applied for in the past that has been "pre-approved" or whatever the fuck ends up denying me. As far as I know, my credit is decent. I've never missed a credit card or had any bills sent to collections, blah blah blah. The only thing I can think of is that the amount I am trying to transfer might be too high for the pre-approved amount so I might be getting denied because of that? I have not applied for a card in at least 90 days so I'm looking around again.So basically I'm looking for some shit that will approve a person with supposedly semi-decent credit and do so without any hassles. I really know next to nothing about all this garbage so any recommended reading or card offers would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• 80% of your credit score is based on what you've bought in the past and how you pay it off (i.e. BIG shit like cars, homes, etc...), not if you ever owed anything to anyone.

I had real shitty credit, thanks to my parents, but as soon as I bought a car, I had to fight CC offers off with a stick.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    My number one rule with credit cards, one I've heard many times from financial people, is to never trust or accept any of the "offers" you get in the mail, because they usually are really terrible deals that prey on people who don't understand all the different conditions they lay out in the terms of agreement.

I have a card w/my bank (Wells Fargo) and a Paypal credit card. I like both, though I use the Paypal card more because it has rewards attached. Both have been clean and simple, easy to make payments online by linking them to your checking account. When I first got the Paypal card, it was no interest till 2007, which was real nice at the time.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    2 words for you: credit union

Get yourself a credit union account and ask them about their credit/loan programs. You will usually be able to get a low fixed rate credit card or line of credit to consolidate debt or transfer balances through them. I have had 2 credit union accounts in the past and they've served me well.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Brian--

Might not hurt to get a credit check. They're free, and you can make sure that there's nothing there you don't know about.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jh.../cmcredit20.xml

"Card holders charged for being in credit"[/b]

Crazy world we live in.