RECORD SHOW PHILLY TOMORROW (SUNDAY MAR 4TH)

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
cotdamn... this muthafreakin' show snuck right up on me and caught me with my pants down. i planned to unload some of my raers, but i am completely unprepared to set up shoppe. oh well... if anybody on this site (lurkers or otherwise) are planning on being at the show and have any requests, paese to PM me and we can possibly negotiate beforehand. i will sell almost ANY record from my collection if the price is right... just holla if there's anything you're looking for and i will break you off proper if i have it. no checks, credit cards or paypal, CASH MONEY only. thank you and god bless all of you bastards.

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    How much 4 the Dave Grusin with the horse on the cover!@!!??

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    How much 4 the Dave Grusin with the horse on the cover!@!!??

NOT FOR SALE. i'm holding onto some of the spcial ones, sorry

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    It's on tomorrow.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    where is that show???

nevermind

yo... i know it's late but anybody going to that damned philly record show if you see tripledub there tell him that Soulman is NOT gonna be able to make it. I tried to PM him last night but I dunno if he got it. thank you and may the Lord smile upon you.

• RafaelRafael 120 Posts
    It's on tomorrow.

Thanks Drew... I appreciated that...

Props to everyone involved with putting this show together. Great selection of records (under and OVER priced). Really big crowd for a Philly show, hopefully that'll encourage others to keep doing them. Now for some photographs:

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Yeah, but post a pic of your finds!

Yeah, but post a pic of your finds!

The internets are not ready for my Betty Write "Live" and random Folkways LP. I took a back seat on this one. Others came out much better. Maybe they'll chime in.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    How much was the Honey & the Bees LP?

$300? $600? Everything on that dude's table was on some, "I AM POPSIKE" business.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    "I AM POPSIKE"

- called it.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    solid show. i heard that this may turn into a bi-monthly which would be

nice meeting drew and seeing some familiar strutters.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

$300? $600? Everything on that dude's table was on some, "I AM POPSIKE" business.

Imagine being set up right next to the guy. I could probably give you his shtick verbatim. Whatever happened to that Skull Snaps anyway? I only saw the cover, was it banged up?

Nice meeting those that i met, i had a good time.

That dude is Tony The Bounty Hunter, a Philly / NY record show legend (I see him in the pic, I'm assuming that's his table)

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Conversation with Tony:

Me: How much for the Honey & The Bees?
    Tony: $300.
    Me: Sounds about right. Clean?
    Tony: No, it ain't about right. That goes for $600 on ebay. So that's about HALF.
    Me: (notices massive seam split, imagines VG vinyl) Sure.
    Tony: Listen man, this music thing? This shit started before you were born. I've been dealing records in Philly for 35 years. I've been on the internet for 5 years. I know more about this shit in my little pinky than...
    Me: How much for the Barbara Mason?
    Tony: A bill.
    Me: Thanks. (walks away)

Later that day....

Tony: Ain't nobody buying shit.

I found some cool stuff. Nice show. DC too was a lot of fun. I don't know how it would've been for getting top dollar though. Maybe you didn't miss much Phill.

No offense, but that looks like the same cast of jokers I've seen at every PA show for the past 3 years. Time for the a new generation to take over while Phill and I sit home watching the NFL Network

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I agree to a certain extent, my first thought when I rolled up was "these are the same guys I see at every east coast show" but there were some "new" dudes too. I managed to fill up a bag full of shop stock, although I can't say I really got anything mindblowing. Best stuff of the day were from local Philly cats that I don't see on the show circuit (Mark/MonsterMolasses/Gurney being one).

The DC show, on the other hand, was (mostly) new dudes from Soulstrut who came with serious heat at nice prices, but would've benefited from the presence a few of the older dealers.

If we could combine the two, it'd be a really dope show.

I scored a parking ticket at the show and a few records...Nothing too It's good to see a show in Philly! I say keep it up.

I scored a parking ticket at the show and a few records...Nothing too It's good to see a show in Philly! I say keep it up.

What happened to the Record Revival show? That was more fun than anything. A good chance to catch up with homies and dig.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

so did i. what's up with having to pay on a sunday? that's not what it's like in cali.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    I scored a new vacuum cleaner and a new iron while not going to the record show

that was my sunday. i gotta get up to the next one for sure.

so did i. what's up with having to pay on a sunday? that's not what it's like in cali.

man I used to live in Philly...I should of known better

• No offense, but that looks like the same cast of jokers I've seen at every PA show for the past 3 years. Time for the a new generation to take over while Phill and I sit home watching the NFL Network

It was a fun show and everybody except Tony seemed more or less pleased. I'm planning on setting up a bi-monthly Philly show, in the same neighborhood but not at the same location, so... point me in the direction of this new generation, will ya? I posted here on Soul Strut several times, also at Waxidermy, put up flyers in all the record shops around town, tripledouble and his cronies knew about it, I got word out --and it was still mostly the usual suspects. Is there a new generation? Not visible here in Philly! None of the guys from the Marvelous even showed up, though the show was four blocks from their shop. Was the guy from Tequila Sunrise there? No. Long in the Tooth? No.

Where is the new generation?

No offense, but that looks like the same cast of jokers I've seen at every PA show for the past 3 years. Time for the a new generation to take over while Phill and I sit home watching the NFL Network

It was a fun show and everybody except Tony seemed more or less pleased. I'm planning on setting up a bi-monthly Philly show, in the same neighborhood but not at the same location, so... point me in the direction of this new generation, will ya? I posted here on Soul Strut several times, also at Waxidermy, put up flyers in all the record shops around town, tripledouble and his cronies knew about it, I got word out --and it was still mostly the usual suspects. Is there a new generation? Not visible here in Philly! None of the guys from the Marvelous even showed up, though the show was four blocks from their shop. Was the guy from Tequila Sunrise there? No. Long in the Tooth? No.

Where is the new generation?

I'm quickly joining the ranks of the over 30 disgruntled digger category. I've pretty much quit going to record shows and record stores because shit is just weak now adays. Too many foolios using popsike as the Bible. If I wanted to buy records at Internet prices, I would sit my ass down at home and bid on that shit... not trudge 40 miles and deal with powertriping loser dealers with overpriced bullshit that I can download off the Soulseek.

I still have faith in flea markets, thrift stores, and the old fashion house call, though.

Let's get a 5 pager going on this!

Also.. the new generation record stores suck ass too. Except for a few... but there are a bunch of stores in Philly that are pathetic. I think you work at one.

• Also.. the new generation record stores suck ass too. Except for a few... but there are a bunch of stores in Philly that are pathetic. I think you work at one.

Nah, not interested in contributing to a five pager fueled by a random insult, thanks.

But I am curious to know why Steve missed a show where he could set up for free...

I think the Marvelous cats who would usually do the show were out of town this weekend, so that's probably why they didn't show.

I would definitely like to put in my vote for a bi-monthly local. Old school or new school dealers, whoever has records to sell.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

But I am curious to know why Steve missed a show where he could set up for free...

making money
    vs
    high profile for a low profile guy
    b/w
    possible ass whooping
    (energy chi fist thru wall like a butterfly wing hara krishna moves)

was triplephillyhobodouble at the sunday show ?