Zodiac

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
A must see!!! Don't expect Fight Club or even a slasher movie for that matter. Although it has some pretty brutal scenes at the beginning it's mostly a film about obsession.

Comments

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    saw it tonight. the murder scenes were chilling as fuck. thought it took the look of hd 'filmed' movies to another level.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    saw it tonight. the murder scenes were chilling as fuck. thought it took the look of hd 'filmed' movies to another level.

Was it HD? Damn, I'm a believer now.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    thanks for helping me make up my mind
    matinee tomorrow or something maybe

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

Was it HD? Damn, I'm a believer now.
    yeah, there were still slight traces of that hd look in some of the scenes,but for the most part it looked incredibly like film.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Just got back from seeing Zodiac.

It wandered too much for me, and not in a good wandering. Expect a lot of "....and three months later..." texts.
    Then "one year later."
    Then "four years later."
    While jumping between protagonists.

The theme of obsession was interesting, but I didn't get a feel for Gyllenhaal's descent into the case. It more felt like a childish neurosis, as he ran around in the rain bugging people. Downey played himself. Sevigny was.... well... invisible. A lot of the bit parts were surprisingly well-cast. Cinematography could have been yards better. It has two pretty brutal killing scenes, but they're short.