who here owns a gun?

kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
some may or may not want to share, i understand...i guess i just assume that no one owns them; and i guess that is wrong.my dad has one; he grew up on a farm, and it was just a way of life. I shot them growing up, but as i've gotten older, they just scare me. and yeah, i know...guns don't kill people, blahahalalhalaha. keep your bumper sticker logic to yourself.I guess i'm just curious as to those who own them, and why.if this gets :chirp: i understand.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Don't own one, don't think I ever will.

Had a business associate visit from The Netherlands and rather than go to a bar, museum or sporting event, he wanted to shoot guns.

Said he thought everyone in the U.S. was "packing".

Went to a local range and shot everything from an AK-47 to a 357 Mag.

He was very proud of the paper body target which he took as a souvenir.

My Dad owned a hunting rifle.

Every year around Thanksgiving he, my uncle and a few of their buddies would go Upstate NY hunting.

When I was about 20 I asked my dad...."Every year you go up there, freeze your ass off, and have NEVER come home with a Deer. Why do you do it??"

His anwser was classic...

"In all those years, not once, has a Deer walked into the Bar"!!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I own a gun. I have it to protect my life, liberty and property. I also live in a semi-rural area inhabited by a variety of wild animals, some dangerous.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I think if you eat meat, it's your duty to at least kill, skin, clean and cook an animal once in your life. that experience is really no joke and it'll make you appreciate that once living creature a lot more than buying a prepackaged anonymous carcass at a grocery store.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I think if you eat meat, it's your duty to at least kill, skin, clean and cook an animal once in your life. that experience is really no joke and it'll make you appreciate that once living creature a lot more than buying a prepackaged anonymous carcass at a grocery store.

i don't know where the meat talk came from, but I hear what you're saying.

• I'd like to buy a nice rifle when I move up north.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    yeah man. my bad. i think that's really one of the only legitimate reasons for owning a gun.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I also live in a semi-rural area inhabited by a variety of nosy neighbors[/b], some dangerous.

• I think if you eat meat, it's your duty to at least kill, skin, clean and cook an animal once in your life. that experience is really no joke and it'll make you appreciate that once living creature a lot more than buying a prepackaged anonymous carcass at a grocery store.

i don't know where the meat talk came from, but I hear what you're saying.

this is realtalking; thomas keller writes a lot about it in his books. but, that's a whole different discussion.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I own a gun. I have it to protect my life, liberty and property. I also live in a semi-rural area inhabited by a variety of wild animals, some dangerous.

Post pic of yourself w/ gun or you are soft.

• I own a gun. I have it to protect my life, liberty and property. I also live in a semi-rural area inhabited by a variety of wild animals, some dangerous.

Post pic of yourself w/ gun or you are soft.

willie colon or lyman woodward lps do not count.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    where's Frank's AK-47 dog in the African yard pic?

though I think he said that shit was the guard's.

These GunStrut threads are too much fun. I might have found new workplace entertainment.

• You'll be registering a screen name and a gun in no time!

I wonder which takes longer these days.

• If you want a gun you don't go to a gunshop, you go to a gun show. No registration.

I wonder which takes longer these days.

These guys probably keep their precious site so damned secure, like everything else in their lives, that I could probably get three guns before my first post.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I'm shocked... and a little disappointed.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

POST A PICTURE OF YOUR GUN ADJACENT TO YOUR LATIN RAER OR YOU ARE AS SOFT AS THEY COME.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    my parents were hardy gun-toting texans. i grew up going to the firing range with mom & dad, as they competed in target shooting. we had a wall in our den that was lined with trophies & ribbons, more than half earned from my 4'11" mom dad also hunted and did that outdoorsy shit.

they also made their own bullets. i remember being like 5 or 6, helping make bullets - fucking with shells, primers, and already made tips. when they weren't around, i was fucking with the melter, and making trails of gun powder then igniting it.

in 1st or 2nd grade, i took some materials to school for show & tell. i was going to present how bullets were made, bringing a knob of lead, some casings, primers, buckshot... then show the finished product - bullets. i was really excited, and showed my teacher. she pulled me out of class, told me to keep the subject to myself and instructed me never to bring the contents back to school again.

nowadays i don't really care too much for them. i'm pretty glad i don't have a gun. motherfuckers in new york drive me nutty.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

You sound as disappointed as the black cop who did a double take when I told him I had never been in prison.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Post deleted by taza_one

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

black cop

Crucial to the anecdote that we know
    the race of the officer in question?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

A Bad Texan package will be duly delivered.

"A B.B. Gun? You'll shoot your eye out, Kid!"[/b]

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

"A B.B. Gun? You'll shoot your eye out, Kid!"[/b]

FAKE FINDS ALERT

A Bad Texan package will be duly delivered.