David Crosby - If I Could Only Remember My Name?

dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
edited June 2005 in Music Talk

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    *cricket cricket*

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    dang.

I hit tab enter too fast to even type a message.

I wanted to further elaborate on my question with:

It's 85 degrees outside, and sunny. Why are you not listening to David Crosby right now?

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    how about watching some floyd crosby?

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    David Crosby definitely makes some perfect summer music, doesn't he?

Or all day music, depending on where one lives.

Got to get out the CSN box set.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    It's all about Stephen Stills, bro.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    step yo game up

Stephen Stills, bro.

The above film has footage of Stephen Stills straight beating a hippie down while wearing a fucking fur coat AND[/b] images of a naked Cros getting bizzay with some hot mamas and skinny creeps in a jam-packed hot-tub. TRUST.

yall got it backwards

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Check Pretty Polly off of Judy Collins' Who Knows Where The Time Goes.

• Stephen Stills, bro.

The above film has footage of Stephen Stills straight beating a hippie down while wearing a fucking fur coat AND[/b] images of a naked Cros getting bizzay with some hot mamas and skinny creeps in a jam-packed hot-tub. TRUST.

HUUUUUGE Cosign! One of my all time fave music films. I have an old, beat VHS I dubbed off of PBS like 15 years ago. Great CSNY footage, esp Still weird apology after going after the hippie guy.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    too classic

----------

Stills weird apology after going after the hippie guy.

YES! Something to the effect of "You see the expensive equipment, you see the fancy cars...let a brother just be, man...just let us do our thing, man."

UNANIMOUS WINNER 1974 STONED RAMBLE OF THE YEAR AWARD

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    "You see the expensive equipment, you see the fancy cars...let a brother just be, man...just let us do our thing, man."

banging

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    It takes at least one gangsta (a Stills or a Daddy Warbucks) to prop up a hippy (a Crosby or a Trustfundafarian).

Stephen Stills, bro.

I've heard of the title but never seen it. Is it available in any form, or only through the p2p?

Stills weird apology after going after the hippie guy.

YES! Something to the effect of "You see the expensive equipment, you see the fancy cars...let a brother just be, man...just let us do our thing, man."

OH! If it's from 1974, then I can understand why he went all out.

The Big Sur movie can be hard to get, as apparently the Cros & Stills juggernaut did not want that image portrayed of them.

On the subject of stoned "music" movies, I watched Peter Yarrow's You Are What You Eat last night and shit was disappointing. I mean an acid-inspired "documentary" made in the Haight in 1967 should have some SHIT in there, not a bunch of naked bongo dudes in Panhandle Park. Plus the music sucked. I guess you could expect that knowing Yarrow's pedigree. I was expecting to see Peter Coyote talking shop with Sonny Barger while Emmitt Grogan set up Bobby Beausoleil's bazouki overload system. But no.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote
    Peter Coyote

Yes, one of my favorite albums. There's a 4LP version of that I believe, where the entire album is mastered at 45rpm, for the audiophiles. I'd like to see a remastered version, with various songs and jam sessions that didn't exist.

• wow

The Big Sur movie can be hard to get, as apparently the Cros & Stills juggernaut did not want that image portrayed of them.

On the subject of stoned "music" movies, I watched Peter Yarrow's You Are What You Eat last night and shit was disappointing. I mean an acid-inspired "documentary" made in the Haight in 1967 should have some SHIT in there, not a bunch of naked bongo dudes in Panhandle Park. Plus the music sucked. I guess you could expect that knowing Yarrow's pedigree. I was expecting to see Peter Coyote talking shop with Sonny Barger while Emmitt Grogan set up Bobby Beausoleil's bazouki overload system. But no.

Understandable. So if anything, probably available through bootleg means. Or if anyone wants to make me a dub, I'll send a VHS tape and a postage paid mailer.

Those films from that era, specifically music related ones, have always been interesting to me, maybe because I was born a few years after that and didn't get a chance to experience it first hand. Whether it's a concert film or something like Zabriskie Point or More. But at least More is out on DVD.

wow

It doesn't tell much, but it's from Classic Records, who make a lot of the 180g pressings:

http://classicrecords.com/catalog/store/detail.cfm?sku=SD-7203-45

The only ones I have from them are Led Zeppelin I, II, III, and Houses Of The Holy, but if the sound quality is any indication, I would like to hear the Crosby album.

side B for the 5th time today...

Perfect thread to request:

STEPHEN GASKIN APPRECIATION

He said "Esalen is weak, let's go to Tennessee and farm and take LSD."

That soy milk that you just put in your coffee originated in Gaskin's head.

• Stills weird apology after going after the hippie guy.

OH! If it's from 1974, then I can understand why he went all out.

It's was filmed in 1970.

It's was filmed in 1970.

That's even worse.

• It's was filmed in 1970.

That's even better[/b].