manteca - "ritmo y sabor" help!

ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
A question for the reynaldo-esque among you: I just received a copy of manteca - "ritmo y sabor" in my mailbox today. Very stoked. This is the album with "afro-funky" and other poorly recorded conga, drum, and bass heavy tracks. Mine has a black label and is on GRC. But I have seen pictures of it on the GRC label, yes, but it says on *JRC* on a *yellow* label. Did I pick up a second press? It's definitely an era pressing; has a paste-on back. For what I paid I'm not mad either way, just curious. thanks

Comments

• No latin heads about?

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    whyyyyyyyyy?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Is it deep grooved?

Is it deep grooved?

Thanks rey. Mine isn't. But would a budget record label in the late 70s press a deep groove LP?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Is it deep grooved?

Thanks rey. Mine isn't. But would a budget record label in the late 70s press a deep groove LP?
    I don't know, but according to an ended sweet_power auction for the record the "original 1st pressing [is]: deep groove yellow label GRC."

Is it deep grooved?

I don't know, but according to an ended sweet_power auction for the record the "original 1st pressing [is]: deep groove yellow label GRC."

Cool, thanks! Yellow labels seem to be mostly what I can find pics of...

I tend to think that seller was blowing smoke on DG. I mean this is budget quality vinyl, as are lots of the indie latin pressings of the period.

It sounds better than the MP3 rip I have, but only slightly. Not well recorded in the first place.