yeah yeah... another city check (Montreal Edition)

funkyexamplefunkyexample 915 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Besides KL's spot which i heard is low on stock, what are the spots to peep? i am here until friday morning... staying near victoria st and notre dame.not sure where that is at, but i wanna hit some diggin spots. maybe a good food spot.p'staters

Comments

• Besides KL's spot which i heard is low on stock, what are the spots to peep? i am here until friday morning... staying near victoria st and notre dame.not sure where that is at, but i wanna hit some diggin spots. maybe a good food spot.
    p's
    taters

I have a ladyfriend who works at a House club there. Let me know if you want more info!

Herm

• If you feel like taking a 1/2 hour ride out to Pte. Clair, this place is worth a look:

Musiquest
    63E Donnegani
    Pte.Claire, Quebec, Canada
    H9R 2V9

Digger's delight ... much better than anything in the city IMO. Just don't let the owner talk your ear off (nice guy, but .... )

In the city, I like:

Primitive
    3828 St Denis
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    H2W 2M2

Beatnick
    3770 St-Denis
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    H2W 2M1

Pop Shop
    3656 St-Laurent
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Browse through this site for more ideas.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Besides KL's spot which i heard is low on stock,

what is this, if i may?

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    how about a soulstrut city directory? either as a seperate forum, or a site feature?

• Besides KL's spot which i heard is low on stock,

what is this, if i may?

Monica's?

• Besides KL's spot which i heard is low on stock,

what is this, if i may?

Monica's?

Dood, everyone knows that's in T-Dot!!!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    how about a soulstrut city directory? either as a seperate forum, or a site feature?

I tried to do this a long time ago, dudez are mad stingyyyy yo.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

For sure! I've got an iron grip on New Brunswick spots and I want to keep it that way. Montreal is so yesterday, it's all about East Coast digging in 2007!

If you talk the right talk with the guy at Musiquest, he'll let you into his personal stash. Wee!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

For sure! I've got an iron grip on New Brunswick spots and I want to keep it that way.

Sea shanty raers?

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

For sure! I've got an iron grip on New Brunswick spots and I want to keep it that way.

Sea shanty raers?

PRIVATE sea shanty raers!

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

If you talk the right talk with the guy at Musiquest, he'll let you into his personal stash. Wee!

That's what I've heard. The one time I went (I'm in Connecticut and all) I had about an hour ... my ex's mother lives minutes from Musiquest and we were visiting. I had fun chatting with the guy ... he just distracts you from your digging sometimes with his glory stories.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts

For sure! I've got an iron grip on New Brunswick spots and I want to keep it that way. Montreal is so yesterday, it's all about East Coast digging in 2007!

I don't know how posting simple directories of established record shops would be blowing anyone's spots. No one is asking for the phone number of the elderly ex record dealer who's been slowly selling you his houseful of sealed Blue Notes to pay his medical bills. Used wax isn't necessarily the most lucrative career and I'm sure decent shops would appreciate the nod. A city guide section could also touch on other things to do, like Strut-approved drinking and dining establishments, sights to see, etc...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Besides KL's spot which i heard is low on stock,

what is this, if i may?

Monica's?

Dood, everyone knows that's in T-Dot!!!

And well picked over.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

I don't know how posting simple directories of established record shops would be blowing anyone's spots. No one is asking for the phone number of the elderly ex record dealer who's been slowly selling you his houseful of sealed Blue Notes to pay his medical bills. Used wax isn't necessarily the most lucrative career and I'm sure decent shops would appreciate the nod. A city guide section could also touch on other things to do, like Strut-approved drinking and dining establishments, sights to see, etc...

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    I've got an iron grip on New Brunswick spots and I want to keep it that way