Movie Rental Strut.

puchitopuchito 374 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Who do you rent movies from (netflix, etc. etc.) and do you like them.Have not yet decided wether or not I am going to renew my netflix subscription. Decent selection, but not enough Kung-Fu , and obscurities. Heard about GreenCine and was wondering if anyone had anything to say about them (Also what is the deal with the downloading thing) Anyway. Greencine has some good ass Kung Fu to rent and some far out stuff also. What is the deal with this Company anyone know?Help a Soul Stutter help himself.

Comments

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i use netflix and it's pretty good. as far as region1 (u.s.) dvds, nobody is fucking with it. i've been suprised by some of the titles they stock. just watched "suburbia" (83') this weekend.

if you got a regionless player, i've heard good things about nicheflix. they stock all regions except for 1. this is real good to see forgien or us titles that havent made it to the us.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Demonoid is a good site for old kung fu movies. Tons of flicks being uploaded daily.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    Netflix has a very reasonable selection, providing that you're not looking for anything so obscure that it doesn't even have a bootleg or its banned in 36 countries and the like. My only problem is that sometimes (every couple months or so) they have a noticeably slower turnaround, regardless if you're on a "couple/few DVDs at a time, unlimited" plan. They give you the benefit of the doubt if your disc arrives broken, too.

• i use netflix and it's pretty good. as far as region1 (u.s.) dvds, nobody is fucking with it. i've been suprised by some of the titles they stock. just watched "suburbia" (83') this weekend.

if you got a regionless player, i've heard good things about nicheflix. they stock all regions except for 1. this is real good to see forgien or us titles that havent made it to the us.

Nicheflix is no mas. Dude auctioned all his stuff on ebay. Sad to see it go. Nicheflix helped me embrace my kung fu obsession.

• Netflix has a very reasonable selection, providing that you're not looking for anything so obscure that it doesn't even have a bootleg or its banned in 36 countries and the like. My only problem is that sometimes (every couple months or so) they have a noticeably slower turnaround, depite that you're on a "couple/few DVDs at a time, unlimited" plan. They give you the benefit of the doubt if your disc arrives broken, too.

Yea, I'm not going to bitch about them. Their selection is pretty good over all. From what I remember though, their Kung Fu was sub par, but they do get all the new Celestial releases though.

• Never had a problem with Netflix. Got Blockbuster.com for a free month and hated it.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Never had a problem with Netflix. Got Blockbuster.com for a free month and hated it.
    other than the fact that they censor thier flicks, how was the service?

• Never had a problem with Netflix. Got Blockbuster.com for a free month and hated it.
    other than the fact that they censor thier flicks, how was the service?

Let's see. Despite having Philadelphia on top of my queue the entire month they never shipped it. They shipped Disc 4 of The Wire before Disc 3 despite having them in order in my queue. At one point I had only one DVD in my queue and they never shipped it. Website blows, recommendation system is horrible, etc.

The only nice thing was the in-store exchange which allowed me to return DVDs in store and pick up a new one. I could have two store DVDs and 3 mailed DVD's at once. That was pretty cool but selection at their stores is often terrible.