Keb Darge @ Turnaround, Auck, NZ, MAR 30TH

doughboydoughboy 190 Posts
edited February 2007 in Announcements
Legendary Deep Funk / Northern DJ Keb Darge vs Legendary Graf Artist Doze GreenDoze will be painting live with a number of works available for prchase on the night... all with a killer soundtrack of Funk, Northern and Rock-A-Billy nuggets provided by Mr Darge + the Turnaround regulars Cian, Manuel B & Submariner.Last time Keb was in town it was a road block - bring your dancing shoes. Keb Darge vz Doze Green@ TurnaroundBacco Rooms @ Toto, Nelson Street$20 presales from Conch Records

Comments

• sounds great - I'm a big fan of Manuel and the Turnaround guys

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Bump, in two nights time!!

Tonight!! Hope it's good & the rockabilly is I don't think I'll be getting much sleep tonight since I have to be at the airport at 8am tomorrow & last time Keb didn't even start playing until like 2am, I'm gonna be a mess.... Hopefully some other Auckland strutters will make it.

Anyone know the scoop on why Keb was detained in Sydney & didn't make this gig?? Talk about disappointment.

• doughboydoughboy 190 Posts
    ...scoop on why Keb was detained in Sydney....

This total shite was it not?...

Word is Australian promoter didn't sort out appropriate Visa clearance for The Darge and resulted in him being stuck in transit - yup, like the doo doo film featuring Tom Hanks - with no luggage, no records etc....

I think he was there for a couple of days! He rang a couple of times and was very apologetic... there is still a small chance me might make it our early this week. Keep you posted...

On a positive - watching Doze Green paint live was frikkin incredible... met him yesterday and he's very humble / approachable and full of amazing stories.

• what a shitter - Keb plays Melbourne this Friday with Alice Russell & The Bamboos

Alice & The Bamboos...? AS her backing band?

She's down here with 5 peice TM Juke Band after Easter... my group is doing support. Kind of a UK vs NZ soundclash - I'm sabotaging it by making them use my Rhodes... which has a mind of it's own.

I hope Keb makes it into the coubntry for ya - wonder if he's in Sydney over the w/end? I'm over for gigs at Byron Bay and Great Escape fest in Sydney.

Have fun - give us a report. Watch out for the piss bucket

• She might have her own band / TM Dukes - the Bamboos have backed her & Will Holland before, they're all quite friendly with each other .. either way, the Bamboos are billed in their own right so will no doubt be showcasing some tunes off the new LP before they head over to the UK for a tour in May.

Jesus... that's a hell of a line up!

BTW - Tyra Hammond, who sings with us has apparently recorded a couple of tracks for Lnce & co... interested to hear how they sound.

Gee, that sucks about the visa mix up, I had planned to meet with some mates (who had driven 2+ hours to make the gig) but since I had an early flight out on Saturday morning I just got my refund at the door & went home & crashed out. Is there a date/venue for the Alice Russell gig? I wouldn't mind trying to make that if I'm back in AK again after easter in Tauranga.
    Hugh, you better make that gig bro, it looks like all kinds of awesome all rolled into one night.

• I'm going Kris - copped some tickets today, $17.50 each, did someone say bargain!

Good man, You probably won't believe this, but I went to a wedding in Wanganui on Saturday & the entertainment was an Elvis impersonator, corny, I think I have seen it all now. I am also feverishly trying to erase the mental picture of it from my brain. Nuts.
    Enjoy that gig though.