Grown man Kicks

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
so i need to introduce some classy shoes in the ole wardrobe...and im really feeling these jo ghost boots(but i'l probably get a shoe version): ive never worn pointy shoes like this...they look uncomfortable, are they? they look like theyd squeeze your toes in the front...and im concerned about ergonomics of these things cause im getting some orthotics. whats your experience with "pointy" shoes? and if yall wanna post some grown and sexy shoes/ brands, please do, im all ears.

Comments

• WOW

• Options
    so i need to introduce some classy shoes in the ole wardrobe...and im really feeling these jo ghost boots(but i'l probably get a shoe version):

ive never worn pointy shoes like this...they look uncomfortable, are they? they look like theyd squeeze your toes in the front...and im concerned about ergonomics of these things cause im getting some orthotics. whats your experience with "pointy" shoes? and if yall wanna post some grown and sexy shoes/ brands, please do, im all ears.

I'd run those things right up an ass.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    If you call pull it off, that's cool. I sure as hell can't.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    lets go with james bond, shall we

• hell yeah i love wearin a cello on my feet

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    grown man peter pan.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    u bastards! the shoe is good, is this better?

• I really want these but they each cost over $300:

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    so i need to introduce some classy shoes in the ole wardrobe...and im really feeling these jo ghost boots(but i'l probably get a shoe version):

ive never worn pointy shoes like this...they look uncomfortable, are they? they look like theyd squeeze your toes in the front...and im concerned about ergonomics of these things cause im getting some orthotics. whats your experience with "pointy" shoes? and if yall wanna post some grown and sexy shoes/ brands, please do, im all ears.

Will you be rocking these with the previously-discussed ensemble of a black shirt with white buttons and a red tie + khakis?

• hell yeah i love wearin a cello on my feet

trend or class ?

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

Will you be rocking these with the previously-discussed ensemble of a black shirt with white buttons and a red tie + khakis?

haha, the strut never forgets

but peeps i would appreciate some suggestions of "what is good"

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Kenneth Cole, Salvatore Farragamo, Gucci, Cole Hann.......

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    soulstrut sartorialists need to start talking about what their grown man shoe choices are or they are soft.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

haha, the strut never forgets

but peeps i would appreciate some suggestions of "what is good"

I'd go with something simpler and more versatile. You really need to try them on--see how they feel and how they look in a full-length mirror.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    pointy shoes don't mash your toes because the pointiness is in addition to toe space. I definitely cosign on cole haan, kenneth cole, bruno magli. clarks are also grown respectable. and for the hatters: you diss pointy shoes you diss yourself.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

No offence, but to me those shoes are exceedingly ugly and on the euro trash/gigolo tip. There's nothing stylish about them; maybe they're fashionable today, but tomorrow they're going to be silly.

Other people have recommended good names for classic styles, but if you're looking for something a little more hip, I suggest Camper, especially their more formal leather soled shoes.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    i like the coach -- andrew loafers. classy, not flashy and well made.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    maybe they're fashionable today, but tomorrow they're going to be silly.

Yeah I have to agree, those are super trendy. Grown ass men should stick to the classics.
    You can't go wrong with a nice pair of Gucci loafers. You be able to wear these for longer than '07
    believe me.

• Let's be realistic -- those loafers are not only hideous, but cost more than nearly everyone on this board can afford.

• maybe they're fashionable today, but tomorrow they're going to be silly.

Yeah I have to agree, those are super trendy. Grown ass men should stick to the classics.
    You can't go wrong with a nice pair of Gucci loafers. You be able to wear these for longer than '07
    believe me.

These are what I rock. They're comfortable as hell, last forever, and don't look like a European nightclub exploded all over your feet.

Let's be realistic -- those loafers are not only hideous, but cost more than nearly everyone on this board can afford.

I always say their is no accounting for taste...
    And as far as the price goes, yes they are pricey but
    they will last for years.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    It's all about Visvim people. Greatest non-sneaker shoe line in the world.

• Visvim

Damn, fools really just scroll by my shit, don't they?

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Visvim

Did you mention Visvim? All I saw in your post was the wingtip looking shoe with the fabric sides.

Too-pointy shoes give you VD kids.

It's all about Visvim people. Greatest non-sneaker shoe line in the world.

Visvim are dope shoes, but you can't really rock a suit with those.
    They seem like real high end sneakers to me.

• Visvim

Did you mention Visvim? All I saw in your post was the wingtip looking shoe with the fabric sides.

Too-pointy shoes give you VD kids.

Weird. I posted a pic underneath those. It's showing on this side.

I'll try again:

• Let's be realistic -- those loafers are not only hideous, but cost more than nearly everyone on this board can afford.

I always say their is no accounting for taste...
    And as far as the price goes, yes they are pricey but
    they will last for years.

Well I just don't really like any loafer.

I never scrimp on shoes, though: You definitely get what you pay for when it comes to non-tennis shoes.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Regarding squeezing your foot it depends on the quality of the shoe and the width of your feet. I've got reasonably wide feet and did experience some pinching when I bought a pair of shoes with a similar shape to the above a while ago.

Also, always go shoe shopping in the afternoon, your feet expand slightly during the day and something that might feel like a nice fit in the morning may be cramping you to shit by late afternoon.

• and if yall wanna post some grown and sexy shoes/ brands, please do, im all ears.

Allen-Edmonds

• i'm definitely feelinga nice pair of clarks or a pair of square to italian slip on loafers to go with a suit. the suit of choice would be merc of london.