MacStrut

eliseelise 3,252 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
I have a mac iBook G4 and I just got it late last summer.The battery is now already dead. (unbelieveable) And I have to keep it plugged or else it dies...Do any of you know of any great deals for Mac batteries other than the Mac store?thanks!elise

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    these guys are great for memory upgrades as well
    http://iresq.com/portables/hitlist-browse.php

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    thanks! It is still a bit pricey, but it looks like Im gonna have to buck up and spend a bit of money.

One of my friends were telling me about a battery re-call for Mac's. He told me I can get a brand new laptop as well if I qualify. Sounds like doo-doo to me, but...

Do you anything about this?

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    thanks! It is still a bit pricey, but it looks like Im gonna have to buck up and spend a bit of money.

One of my friends were telling me about a battery re-call for Mac's. He told me I can get a brand new laptop as well if I qualify. Sounds like doo-doo to me, but...

they did an official recall on the battery only.
    this was like 2 years ago -because they were
    getting hot and exploding!!!!
    [maybe thats when you get a new one ...LOL]
    so if your serial numbers are the "right " ones indeedy you get 2 free juice packs
    from uncle stevey

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    im gonna check that out now!

• thanks! It is still a bit pricey, but it looks like Im gonna have to buck up and spend a bit of money.

so if your serial numbers are the "right " ones indeedy you get 2 free juice packs
    from uncle stevey

actually, I just got a new battery in December. And that was replacing a replacement.

And yeah, you are just gonna have to buck up and spend the bread, batteries wear out over time unfortunately.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    you sound broke.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

from uncle stevey

They did a second recall on the sony batteries about 6 months ago as well.

My power cord adapter blew up not too long ago, sparks and fire and everything. They wanted to send someone out to investigate but it wasnt really that bad....these things get super hot though. I started wondering if it would be possible to fix a warped record with my laptop.