NYC HAPPENINGS?

bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
So I'm in Brooklyn presently... will be here for a week..Any shows or DJ nights etc yawl recommend?Will be at MIA/Diplo show tonight

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I think there are three different competing SoulStrut-related events on Friday.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I think there are three different competing SoulStrut-related events on Friday.

Competing - PSSSHHHHHHHHTTT! I'm far too "underground" to compete with the popular corner. But if you want to see some mature b-boys get drunk and put the youngsters in their place ("control, control!") then come by the Lucky Cat in Wburg. I can almost guarantee you will see no Strutters there. If that's blatant promotion then I'm a rock star, but for the rest of the details, browse the announcements for Friday. [color:yellow] Music will be unfuckwittable. [/color]

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

Friday, June 10
    The Glamorous Life 2 Release Party
    DJ Eleven & Ayres spinning R&B all night
    Southpaw is at 125 5th Avenue at Sterling, in Park Slope, Brooklyn.
    For directions go to www.spsounds.com
    10 pm - 4am / 21+ w. ID
    The Glamorous Life 2 CDs FREE for the first 50 party people

• You can check out the one and only

Funkmeyer this saturday night!!!!!

We'd be really happy if you came:

and saw us play here:

Crash Mansion (underneath BLVD)

Saturday June 11

199 Bowery

(Bowery & Spring, off Houston)

$7.00 Cover

www.crashmansionnyc.com

http://blvdnyc.com/map.html

We start at 11pm and play til 11:50

This show we'll be playing mostly deep funk covers like You Hit The Spot Baby, Good Things, Freedom Time, and You Got To Be A Man and a new original song!

The Otis Funkmeyer Band featuring Leslie Rochelle

with:

Steve Hoffman - Guitar

Chris Yetner - Drums

Mike Kobrin - Trumpet

Adam Shlahet - Trumpet

Tony Salva - Tenor and Bari Sax

Fred Flowerday - Keys

Tony Morrone - Percussion

Brian Turk - Bass

and, of course, Leslie Rochelle - vocals

Crash Mansion is a uniquely decorated venue with a great stage, light show, and dancefloor - for "grown and sexy" people like you.

Make sure you're in the band line for Crash Mansion (there will be two other lines for BLVD club)

Tell the guy working the door that you're there to see OTIS FUNKMEYER!

Directions:

The closest subway stop is the 6 train at Spring St... walk with the traffic (so you are traveling east ) to Bowery... we are across the street at 199, Large Grey front, white square lights, velvet rope. Bowery is a divided street in front of BLVD, lots of space for Cab/Limo. Parking 2 blocks north.

The J & M trains stop at Bowery and Delancy St... walk north on Bowery.

You can also take the F train to 2nd ave stop, walk to Bowery which is west ... make a left ... walk down three blocks to 199

• Handjobs not guaranteed.

• dj_netadj_neta 166 Posts
    FRIDAY, JUNE 10th[/b]

WHAT: BUHBOMP![/b]
    WHEN:[/b] 10:30p to 4a
    WHERE:[/b] Morrisey Park (www.morriseypark.com), 121 St. Mark???s Place btw. 1st Ave & Ave A, Manhattan
    WHO:[/b] All Texans, all night long: empanadamn[/b] (haterzville), JD[/b] (direct driven) & ROSS HOGG[/b]. Don???t mess with it.
    HOW MUCH:[/b] Free

this is care of hogginthefogg[/b].

• CLabCLab 76 Posts

Tony Morrone - Percussion

that's what's up.

• Tony Morrone - Percussion

that's what's up.

Do you know him? Or is it just that his name would be really great if it were pronounced "Tony Moroni"?

kinda like

I so want to call him that, but it's just Morrone, like 'Damone' from Fast Times.

• I think there are three different competing SoulStrut-related events on Friday.

Competing - PSSSHHHHHHHHTTT! I'm far too "underground" to compete with the popular corner. But if you want to see some mature b-boys get drunk and put the youngsters in their place ("control, control!") then come by the Lucky Cat in Wburg. I can almost guarantee you will see no Strutters there. If that's blatant promotion then I'm a rock star, but for the rest of the details, browse the announcements for Friday. [color:yellow] Music will be unfuckwittable. [/color]

I cosign and endorse the unfuckwittable-ness herein...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Its too bad yawl are dominating Friday night, some friends are throwing a party... at least I don't have to choose between all these various events

I may try to hit Ross' gig tonight, or Otis' band Saturday though

Thanks...

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    FRIDAY, JUNE 10th[/b]

WHERE:[/b] Morrisey Park (www.morriseypark.com), 121 St. Mark???s Place btw. 1st Ave & Ave A, Manhattan
    WHO:[/b] All Texans, all night long: empanadamn[/b] (haterzville), JD[/b] (direct driven) & ROSS HOGG[/b]. Don???t mess with it.

dickrider!

• dj_netadj_neta 166 Posts
    FRIDAY, JUNE 10th[/b]

dickrider!

hater.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    also saturday the 11th:

me and my boy Devilish playing at a local bar...

Patio Lounge
    179 5th Ave
    Park Slope, Brooklyn
    NO COVER

they have a little backyard, and a banging selection of brews on tap and rice wine/sake

word.