ebay paranoia(please help)!

Ayrotollah77Ayrotollah77 415 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
i just won a brand new (at least advertised as such) Rane TTm 56 on ebay. i was a stupid 'cuz I did'nt check homeboys feedback until after. He has no feedback (neg or pos) and no other auctions so now i'm a bit nervous. Also he wants me to send him a money order. I can't afford to lose that kind of $$$ so i'm a bit 'p-noid.So far he's been real good with communication and what not, but i'm a bit nervous about it all..I know i shoulda looked into this b4 i bid but i was real anxious since my mixer broke and I need one bad..y'all got any pearls of wisdom or advice it would be very much appreciated...thanks

Comments

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Can you pick it up in person? Do they live too far away?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    ask the seller for some proof of business or selling status

a money order is quite risky in this case....

can he get down with a protected payment via paypal, etc?

• He lives kinda far unfortunatly, and I don't think he has a paypal account because he only wanted a $ order..shady kinda I know..Maybe i'll ask him about the paypal thing though..thanks 4 the input guys..

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Tell him to hurry up and get a paypal account and get it verified or your not sending the money... whats the worst that could happen, you get negative feedback? so what.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Where's he live? Maybe you can send the money to a 'Strutter and they can pick it up in person.

Herm

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Trust your instincts. I would never send that kind of money to someone with no feedback.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Where's he live? Maybe you can send the money to a 'Strutter and they can pick it up in person.

Herm

my thoughts exactly. Hermie ---- tell your boy we can work something out in the future, I'm swamped right now.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Herm

my thoughts exactly. Hermie ---- tell your boy we can work something out in the future, I'm swamped right now.

Cool.

• Where's he live? Maybe you can send the money to a 'Strutter and they can pick it up in person.

Herm
    He lives in Austin Texas..Any strutters there??

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

He lives in Austin Texas..Any strutters there??

HA!!