DECONSTRUCT THIS

MrsMcCluskyMrsMcClusky 94 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
What is unique about this six-day, seventy-two hour action is theattempt, for nearly the first time, to read *all* the names of humanswho died during this recent phase of U.S. war on the world,irrespective of the lie that is nationality. Research has alreadygenerated the makings of a huge list, requiring perhaps hundreds ofhalf-hour shifts at six seconds per name.So we need your help. Get your group and all your friends toread. Other local anti-imperialist and student groups have promisedto take reading shifts but still have not formally endorsed.This version below is from Laurie Arbeiter, Ann Shirazi and others .... . . . . . . . . . . . . ."ENDLESS" WAR:A MEMORIALHow can you ask another person to be the last one to die for a lie?Read the NamesTimes Square Recruitment CenterBroadway and 44th StreetAt dawn on Sunday, March 11, 2007, as we approach the fifth year ofthe invasion of Iraq, people of conscience will begin reading thenames of ALL the war dead, both civilian and military. We willcontinue reading from sunrise to sunset for six days, through Friday,March 16, 2007.We invite you to join us to read for a period of time, to bearwitness to this tragedy and suffering. Be part of a growingresistance movement demanding an end to the illegal occupation ofIraq and saying "NO" to an attack on Iran.To add your name to the list of participants and schedule a time toread, please contact [email]endlesswarmemorial@gmail.com[/email] or call 212-533-2125.WE WILL NOT BE SILENTSponsored by Granny Peace Brigade NYC, The Critical Voice, ArtistsAgainst the War, Not In Our Name, World Can't Wait, Peace Action NewYork State, Raging Grannies, Grandmothers Against the War, GrayPanthers, WILPF.

Comments

• pure moral exhibitionism.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    pure moral exhibitionism.
    pure private mindgarden

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Dolo has earned the right to talk. He knows somebody who knows somebody's cousin who was in the military. Thats practically the same thing as serving on the front lines.

• pure moral exhibitionism.
    pure private mindgarden

You diss the Gray Panthers, you diss yourself.

• This will achieve nothing and it isnt intended to. It is an excuse for an orgy of self love, for a bunch of hubristic nomarks to get togther and parade around their supposed compassion.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    This will achieve nothing and it isnt intended to. It is an excuse for an orgy of self love, for a bunch of hubristic nomarks to get togther and parade around their supposed compassion.
    vs. your posts, an excuse for an orgy of self love, for a single hubristic nomark to parade around his supposed independence by parroting a bunch of conservative one liners

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This will achieve nothing and it isnt intended to. It is an excuse for an orgy of self love, for a bunch of hubristic nomarks to get togther and parade around their supposed compassion.
    vs. your posts, an excuse for an orgy of self love, for a single hubristic nomark to parade around his supposed independence by parroting a bunch of conservative one liners

Dolo, please channel the power of our lord and savior jesus christ and blast him with an energy beam.

You can do that, can't you?

• 1. I am not a conservative. I am a social darwinist in the tradition of herbert spencer.

2. I dont post here to posture. I post to enlighten

3. I have over 3000 records

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    1. I am not a conservative. I am a social darwinist in the tradition of herbert spencer.

2. I dont post here to posture. I post to enlighten

3. I have over 3000 records

I want to know more about your personal relationship with our lord and savior jesus christ.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I have over 3000 Herbert Spencer records.

and.

I pay to post here.