A WARNING ONE AND ALL MUST CONSIDER

mallardmallard 452 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
DO NOT SEE THE MOVIE 'THE NUMBER 23'that's all. anyone who sees it, feel free to echo these same sentiments here, because at this point, i really can't even begin to describe why or how this movie is so horrible.it is the worst movie ever made there will be endless parodies and jokes. none of them will be funny. its just THAT kind of bad movie.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    funny - it was the first horror movie in a long
    time that the TV ads made me think might be worth
    watching. Really, that bad? THAT bad?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    DO NOT SEE THE MOVIE 'THE NUMBER 23'

that's all.

anyone who sees it, feel free to echo these same sentiments here, because at this point, i really can't even begin to describe why or how this movie is so horrible.

it is the worst movie ever made

there will be endless parodies and jokes. none of them will be funny. its just THAT kind of bad movie.

Details!

• yes yes yes yes yes yse ys yse sye y

[some spoilers maybe]

ok ill try

jim carrey is chasing animals... again

flashback sensationalist cinematography with horrible self-awareness. feels like jim carrey in a calvin klein commercial written by the wayans brothers' nephews.

ok. there is no transition to seriousness. the film starts off with some things that fall just short of funny, but you can tell they're really trying. then. he gets the book. then. the movie is serious. like THAT. but there are moments when [i think?] it once again tries to fall just short of being funny, but it is IMPOSSIBLE TO TELL because the humor is THAT BAD. you dont know if youre supposed to take anything serious, but everything seems so serious.

"2 FUCKING 3! 2 FUCKING 3"

old dude dying slowly but trying to say something = yoda spot on. there's no way to not see this, people

the situational hilarity of the obscurity involved in all the 23 facts. i.e. bringing up the date of hiroshima while someone is painting a room. there is a 23 revelation every 10 seconds on average at least.

jim carrey foregoes the whole writing on paper thing and goes straight to jack torrance mode. hes writing on every limb/wall in sight after the first 15 minutes of the movie.

im tired and tired of thinking about this movie. i just want to forget it. ive sacrificed all of this for you. help yourselves.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Eh.. i'm still gonna watch it. I'm not convinced of it's shittiness or jim carrey's abilitys as a serious actor. (Though I did watch the trailer to the majestic)

I wonder if you can take a moment and ruin this movie for me next.

Don cheadle as Petey green, laidback pimp, and radio dj from the 70's.

- spidey

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    yes yes yes yes yes yse ys yse sye y

[some spoilers maybe]

ok ill try

jim carrey is chasing animals... again

flashback sensationalist cinematography with horrible self-awareness. feels like jim carrey in a calvin klein commercial written by the wayans brothers' nephews.

ok. there is no transition to seriousness. the film starts off with some things that fall just short of funny, but you can tell they're really trying. then. he gets the book. then. the movie is serious. like THAT. but there are moments when [i think?] it once again tries to fall just short of being funny, but it is IMPOSSIBLE TO TELL because the humor is THAT BAD. you dont know if youre supposed to take anything serious, but everything seems so serious.

"2 FUCKING 3! 2 FUCKING 3"

old dude dying slowly but trying to say something = yoda spot on. there's no way to not see this, people

the situational hilarity of the obscurity involved in all the 23 facts. i.e. bringing up the date of hiroshima while someone is painting a room. there is a 23 revelation every 10 seconds on average at least.

jim carrey foregoes the whole writing on paper thing and goes straight to jack torrance mode. hes writing on every limb/wall in sight after the first 15 minutes of the movie.

im tired and tired of thinking about this movie. i just want to forget it. ive sacrificed all of this for you. help yourselves.

well, if it's that bad, i might as well hear about how it ends. does he kill his wife or whatever? does the end suck? does the book turn into pacman?

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    SIDETRACK: (but suspense/mystery related)

I saw "Black Dahlia" last night and it was real good. Confusing though. But the story behind the book that it was based on (in the "extras" of the DVD), and the actual story, sheds some light on it all.

So I recommend it. And specifically, I recommend actually watching these DVD "extras" that explain the book and real story before you see the movie.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Don cheadle as Petey green, laidback pimp, and radio dj from the 70's.

- spidey

Finally a movie that looks interesting. Too bad I gotta wait til summer!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I might have to go see this!

Especially after seeing Jim Carey tell Jay Leno and David Letterman (I can't remember which) that he has always been a very "sexual" person. This when Carey was looking a lot like the diseased Andy Kaufman he played in Man on the Moon. I was like, Dude you're pretty funny but let's leave that Sex Object business in the bedroom.

Maybe I'm a gluttan for punishment. Maybe I like bad horror movies. Maybe I just need something to erase the image of Nicolas Cage getting burned alive in the crap remake of The Wicker Man. But I just might give this movie a shot.

• BeekBeek 146 Posts
    Maybe I just need something to erase the image of Nicolas Cage getting burned alive in the crap remake of The Wicker Man. But I just might give this movie a shot.

That shit was hilarious bro

• Don cheadle as Petey green, laidback pimp, and radio dj from the 70's.

- spidey

Finally a movie that looks interesting. Too bad I gotta wait til summer!

cosign... this looks great!

• This looks like some off the wall shit. heard some decent reviews already.