whats the scariest animal?

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
probably the chupacabra.

Comments

• what do i win?

• I dunno but these muhfuckahs got me shook. mad unpredictable:

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Hope that doesn't give you tha scoots....

love
    elise

• I dunno but these muhfuckahs got me shook. mad unpredictable:

they almost look like these:

Cats That Look Like Hit*er

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

what do i win?

JESUS CHRIST!

ugggghhh.... damn that thing is nasty.... ewwwwwwwww

you should win something for that.....

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

he wants a kiss, obviously

• good god that thing is FUGLY

• Once I was walking home from the fish and chip shop down a back lane and crossed paths with a badger on a mission.... Holy hell.... Fecking thing just stood there, foaming at the grill straight eyeballing me and growling like he was about to rip into me. I just froze and hoped he'd step off, which he did (after a near 3 minute stand-off), but it was a close call. I heard they get lockjaw and dont let go of your ass until somethin comes off in their mouth.

Badgers..

• i have to bring back soulstrut favorites coffinfish and psycholutes (aka ziggyfish)

i think psychrolutes are scary because it looks like a dead person

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

• Once I was walking home from the fish and chip shop down a back lane and crossed paths with a badger on a mission.... Holy hell.... Fecking thing just stood there, foaming at the grill straight eyeballing me and growling like he was about to rip into me. I just froze and hoped he'd step off, which he did (after a near 3 minute stand-off), but it was a close call. I heard they get lockjaw and dont let go of your ass until somethin comes off in their mouth.

Badgers..

sure but badgers aren't fucking with their close relatives, the WOLVERINE.

the wolverine is like the evil cousin to the badger, the one that just got home from the joint and who not even the badger wants to talk to.

• oh i forgot shig's favorite

lampreys!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    damn, all that shit is scary. i'm never leaving my house again.

Badgers..

sure but badgers aren't fucking with their close relatives, the WOLVERINE.

the wolverine is like the evil cousin to the badger, the one that just got home from the joint and who not even the badger wants to talk to.

Holy schitt. Thats sounds pretty hard.

Luckily this is the UK... Its near-on the most place on the planet, animal-wise.

The most venomous schitt we got is the adder.. and that's super lame-o.

• damn, all that shit is scary. i'm never leaving my house again.

yeah but G*ry, we humans got GUNS.

• The most venomous schitt we got is the adder.. and that's super lame-o.

yeah so is that Black Adder y'all got on TV....

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    damn, all that shit is scary. i'm never leaving my house again.

yeah but G*ry, we humans got GUNS.

Yes, and now we have automatic weapons to fight today's super-animals, like the flying squirrel and the electric eel.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Sweet thread dudes, here's a new one for the 07'

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

The phronima. A major design inspiration for the Alien from Alien, obviously.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Apparently these dudes eat humans. They dig lots of tunnels and shit, and an Antarctic explorer, about 5'6" in height was theorized to have been eat by a colony of these little dudes.

Although these are extinct, imagine seeing Megalodon in the water.

These guys are also (allegedly) extinct, but are allegedly still inhabiting the wilds of the Amazon. Natives call it "Mapinguari". They say the roar this thing makes can be heard for miles, which would be the case if the Giant Sloth still lived. It had bony plates in its chest and neck that would allow it to roar at the decibel level of an 747 airplane taking off.

• The phronima. A major design inspiration for the Alien from Alien, obviously.

did david attenborough tell you that?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

It's hard to believe that an animal like this could be completely wiped out, wonder how that happened. Is the shark below it a great white?

• Yup. Sea creatures have this shit on lock.
    The one that always had me too shook was the mythical but now apparently real giant octopus ("Kraken?") with the largest EYE in the animal kingdom... bigger than your HEAD!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    That is amazing.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    LIGER.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

It's hard to believe that an animal like this could be completely wiped out, wonder how that happened. Is the shark below it a great white?

The shark below it is either a blue shark or a great white shark, I'm leaning at Great White for dramatic effect. Megalodon went extinct because either
    A) Comet/asteroid
    B) Massive global methane release
    C) Change in atmospheric oxygen levels
    D) Combination

It has been "theorized" that animals in previous periods (Jurassic, Tertiary, etc) were larger because the oxygen levels in the air were higher, allowing for animals both above and below water to grow larger.

PS That squid find is a super big deal. Those dudes will get more money than all the fish they caught last year for that specimen. Simply fucking amazing find and huge for scientific understanding of the squid.

• sconesscones 434 Posts