The Block Is Hot

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
First, there's Matt Sonzala going off on NYC carpetbaggeurs on www.houstonsoreal.blogspot.comThen last night, after witnessing Gerald G and Black Mike wreck the mic with Rapid Ric, they done gone and wrecked upside some dude's head.Tuesday night the Roots were here and at some new froofy club that ?uest was spinning at after the group's show at Stubb's, the Roots entourage got into a big brawl with the bouncers and ish. SXSW is right around the corner. So book that flight, come on down, and get it how you know you want it.

Comments

• First, there's Matt Sonzala going off on NYC carpetbaggeurs on www.houstonsoreal.blogspot.com

I stopped reading after he referred to himself in 3rd person

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    First, there's Matt Sonzala going off on NYC carpetbaggeurs on www.houstonsoreal.blogspot.com

Who is this guy? He sounds mad bitter, like he made people millions & got the shaft.

"every day I waste driving people around my massive city is taking food out of my childrens mouths."

lol. Then become a taxi driver, dude. Might be more lucrative than posting on your blog.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Matt is cool. He's the dude that HarveyAnal wishes he could be.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    First, there's Matt Sonzala going off on NYC carpetbaggeurs on www.houstonsoreal.blogspot.com

I stopped reading after he referred to himself in 3rd person

That's a pity since what Matt has to say is a good "real talk" rant.

"it gets to the point where you just have to say no. Especially to New Yorkers cuz they have cold hearts."

(Note: notably, Matt includes a list of people who get a pass, including...The Rub DJs and C-C-C-C-Catchduuuuuuubs)

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Matt is a great guy. Always trying to help people out. I'm sure everything he's said is warranted.

Matt is cool. He's the dude that HarveyAnal wishes he could be.

are you bored?

Kinda. Why?

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Damn, I thought this post was about Weezy's first album.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Then last night, after witnessing Gerald G and Black Mike wreck the mic with Rapid Ric, they done gone and wrecked upside some dude's head.

Tuesday night the Roots were here and at some new froofy club that ?uest was spinning at after the group's show at Stubb's, the Roots entourage got into a big brawl with the bouncers and ish.

SXSW is right around the corner. So book that flight, come on down, and get it how you know you want it.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

I see Houston So Real on there.... where's your name?

Save your questions, come on down, and get it how you know you want it.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    OOOohhhh.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Los Angeles was straight, homie. Got it in real good too, especially with the al pastor jawns at the taco truck in the Von's parking lot on (or near) Hyperion. Nothing better than that REAL SHIT for the 1am jumpoff.

Hey Cos...foey friend or friendly foe?

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    They should outlaw that southern hip hop its gets people too "Rowdy Rowdy"

Damn, I thought this post was about Geezy's first album.

So I'm showing a friend at work last night's fight clip on youtube and I look over and see a clip titled Basswood Lane. I click on it and damned if my living room isn't up on youtube without me having any idea...

• First, there's Matt Sonzala going off on NYC carpetbaggeurs on www.houstonsoreal.blogspot.com

Who is this guy? He sounds mad bitter, like he made people millions & got the shaft.

"every day I waste driving people around my massive city is taking food out of my childrens mouths."

lol. Then become a taxi driver, dude. Might be more lucrative than posting on your blog.

You don't know shit about this dude or what he does for people in and out of the city, so why not keep your comments to yourself?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    You don't know shit about this dude or what he does for people in and out of the city, so why not keep your comments to yourself?
    srs
    i don't know him personally but matt just has so much love for this shit that he may come off bitter but it's really just cos he cares so much. dude is definitely the trillest of the trilly trill

I didn't know you were his lawyer. Also I didn't know that people thought E-40 was dead.

Also I'm waiting for HarveyAnal to rationalize Matt's co-signing of the Rub fellas, who he just dissed last week.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Then last night, after witnessing Gerald G and Black Mike wreck the mic with Rapid Ric, they done gone and wrecked upside some dude's head.

Tuesday night the Roots were here and at some new froofy club that ?uest was spinning at after the group's show at Stubb's, the Roots entourage got into a big brawl with the bouncers and ish.

SXSW is right around the corner. So book that flight, come on down, and get it how you know you want it.

where are the battle fish?

• I'm waiting for HarveyAnal to rationalize Matt's co-signing of the Rub fellas, who he just dissed last week.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    a mufuckah don't need to cosign everything someone they respect says. that would be called dickriding

a mufuckah don't need to cosign everything someone they respect says. that would be called dickriding

We're talking about one of soulstrut's biggest dickriders here.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Soulstrut Man Rules???!

Yep, whatever you ivory tower keypushers want to call it, I damned straight do ride for Rapid Ric, Matt Sonzala, Gerald G, Ryno, Public Offenders, Mr. Blakes, Basswood Lane, Young Nick, Salih Williams, and a whole lot of other good folks in Austin.

So go ahead, let that sink in, and deal with it.

As far as the Rub, my old friend Matt became buddies with those dudes in recent years on his own time. Whatever kinda hot saunas of unbridled enthusiasm that they might or might nor share together is not of my concern.

UGK just confirmed a show during SXSW. Venue holds 1,000...

Come get it.

• Come get it.

Come get what?

Herm

Come get it.

Come get what?

Herm

Come get it how you want it.