Why do people like Galt MacDermott?

2»

Comments

• Did anyone check out Oh No's latest album where he only sampled Galt MacDermot? I was a bit sceptical of the idea but I kinda got into the album after a few listens.

Has "Two Gentlemen Of Verona" been mentioned? I feelin this one. It doesn't show up where I live but I paid around $30 on ebay. I think it's a good one for the money.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    He's done some good stuff, but both "Cotton comes to harlem" and that "Via Galactica" Billy Butler record are steaming piles of it, IMO.

• Did anyone check out Oh No's latest album where he only sampled Galt MacDermot? I was a bit sceptical of the idea but I kinda got into the album after a few listens.

I was going to mention that - just copped the instrumentals yesterday and I'm feelin those

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    He is a sick arranger

Yes.

I mean the dude made "Hair".

Easy To Be Hard - simple and beautiful.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Has "Two Gentlemen Of Verona" been mentioned? I feelin this one. It doesn't show up where I live but I paid around $30 on ebay. I think it's a good one for the money.

it has but it gets confusing, there are several versions of it. The really common one is the double album with the white cover with some weird cartoony face and nipple. That one is basically ass

there is another one on the Kilmarnock label which is much betterwith a nice moody soulful track called "Who Is Sylvia" as well as other enjoyable moments, and ton of potential samples