Rap Cat Now Out Of Bag

Terry_ClubbupTerry_Clubbup 833 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Are you fucking kidding me, five ways:From NYThttp://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Ca...i=5070&emc=eta1Cat Bag Apparel Irks Florida Officials [/b]Sign In to E-Mail or Save This Print By THE ASSOCIATED PRESSPublished: February 20, 2007Filed at 10:34 p.m. ETTAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- Animal control authorities are not amused by a fast food chain's marketing stunt encouraging customers to dress their cats in a special take out bag.Tampa-based Checkers Drive-in Restaurants Inc. is distributing ''Rapcat'' bags designed with cutaway areas for the cat's legs and tail. The cat's head sticks out the opening of the bag, which is designed to look like to a basketball jersey and gold chain worn by the hip-hop Rapcat puppet in Checkers commercials.A Hillsborough County Animal Services news release on Monday said forcing a real, unwilling cat into a ''Rapcat'' bag could be considered felony animal cruelty. The bag's warning -- ''not all cats will be down with wearing this bag. Do not harm or endanger any cat'' -- is not enough, the agency said.''We have no ill will toward Checkers or Rapcat as a character,'' said animal services spokeswoman Marti Ryan. ''Our message is that it is not a good idea to try to stuff a cat in a bag. It's a matter of common sense.''She said the agency is prepared to go to court if necessary to stop the campaign.Checkers said it means no harm.''When our Rapcat commercials began airing last fall, they were an overnight success,'' said Richard Turer, senior vice president of marketing for Checkers. ''We received dozens of letters from our guests requesting Rapcat merchandise. Our new Rapcat Web site, cups and carry out bags are all in response to Rapcat's popularity and are intended only as a creative extension of our television campaign.''----------------------On the Net:http://www.rap-cat.com/

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    *speechless*

• http://www.rap-cat.com/
    HOLY FU**ING SHI*!!!!!!!! WOW!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

HOLY FU**ING SHI*!!!!!!!! WOW!
    that meow meow track is

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    That site is pretty damn funny. Where can I get an mp3 of the catrap from the commecial? I bet if I played it long enough at home, my gurl would kill me.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Rap Cats bio:

Hip hop used to be a human???s game. Not anymore.

Here comes Rapcat. The most skilled cat-rapper on the scene today ??? and some say, the most skilled rapper of any species.

Rapcat???s got a flow that cannot be matched, honed in the streets and alleys of his hometown, Jersey City. In the tradition of the greatest East Coast rappers, Rapcat writes all his own lyrics.

Almost since he was a kitten, Rapcat was hustling his mixtapes on the street and in the parking lot of Checkers, his favorite hangout. His underground cred, already strong, skyrocketed when he got sent off to the St. Louis Home for Delinquent Felines, for the ???crime??? of dealing catnip. (Which is legal, but we all know no jury???s gonna give a cat a fair trial.)

While in ???The Cage,??? Rapcat perfected a tougher rhyme style. Once a week he???d squeeze through the bars and sneak over to Rally???s. He would bring some burgers back for himself, and some to trade with the other cats for balls of yarn and recording equipment.

By the time he got out for good behavior, Rapcat???s first full-length album was complete. His tales of hard livin??? on the streets form the core of ???Look What I Dragged In,??? already a bootleg classic.

In 2006, Rapcat was rocketed to worldwide fame with his appearance in the now-famous Checkers/Rally???s TV commercial.

Now he???s back with his major-label debut, ???8 Lives Left.??? 12 new jams to fire up the radio, rip up the dancefloors, and make the national booty shake. The killer first track, ???Meow Meow,??? rides like a white-leather upholstered Caddy on a silk highway, with a strawberry milkshake in the cupholder.[/b]

No doubt, it???s gonna be the party anthem of 2007. Maybe even 2008 and 2009. At least, until Rapcat releases his next single.

So what???s next for the Fellini of Felines? Movie acting? Producing for other up-and-coming alleycats? A clothing line? He???s not saying.

For now, life is good for rap fans and cat fanciers worldwide.

• i need one of these bags!

• i need one of these bags!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    That site is pretty damn funny. Where can I get an mp3 of the catrap from the commecial? I bet if I played it long enough at home, my gurl would kill me.

www.rap-cat.com dude!
    my coworkers lub me right now

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    ''not all cats will be down with wearing this bag. Do not harm or endanger any cat''

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i do not understand.
    why do you put the cat in the fast food bag?
    is it the bag that causes the cat to rap?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    i do not understand.
    why do you put the cat in the fast food bag?
    is it the bag that causes the cat to rap?

You do not listen to rap--I do not think you are capable of understanding.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

how come this cat doesn't rap?
    the bags are not working.

how come this cat doesn't rap?

Huh? It is rapping. Faux was right, your case is hopeless.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I love the instructions uhh, instruxions on the side of the bag.
    Make sure it's YOUR cat.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    I had to.

Shit was begging for the graemlin treatment.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Here comes Rapcat. The most skilled cat-rapper on the scene today. And some say, the most skilled rapper of any species.

Sadly, I can't argue with this statement.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    BEST THREAD EVAR!!!

• cat-wrap

All it does is make the cats walk with a limp and walking with a limp is one step closer to talking like a pimp which is pretty much the same as rapping.

• I had to.

Shit was begging for the graemlin treatment.

My co-workers think I'm nuts 'cause I just lost it laughing at that.

I'd tell my co-workers to fuck themselves, but you gotta eat!

• It's just slightly odd for me to see the ad and it's for Checkers. In this area of the country the restaurants are Rally's, not Checkers. The commercial around here is *exactly* the same except the guys wear uniforms that say Rally's and they say the name Rally's instead of Checkers.

It's kind of like when I visited friends out in Los Angeles and discovered that in their area of the country the ice cream I know as Edy's is known as Dreyer's out there.