Silly CD to mp3 question

DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
So I did a Microwave mix that I passed out as a CD to folks in Barcelona last week. I split it up into 20 tracks, but accidentally deleted the source .wav to convert to mp3 for my website. Doi! Is there a simple way to turn a 20 track CD into one mp3 file without importing each track and lining them up back to back? No pause between tracks obviously needs to be preserved. Thanks.

Comments

• Itunes can join a full CD into a 1 track mp3. I don't have Itunes here but I think it's in somewhere in advanced.

• Itunes can join a full CD into a 1 track mp3. I don't have Itunes here but I think it's in somewhere in advanced.

yup. after you insert your CD and it shows up in iTunes, you have to highlight the songs (not just check the boxes), go into the "Advanced" menu and there is a function called "join selected tracks"

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    im sure soundforge can do it

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    i think you can do this also with EAC (Exact Audio Copy)

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Itunes can join a full CD into a 1 track mp3. I don't have Itunes here but I think it's in somewhere in advanced.

yup. after you insert your CD and it shows up in iTunes, you have to highlight the songs (not just check the boxes), go into the "Advanced" menu and there is a function called "join selected tracks"

Word... thanks, I'll try that.

• Look for CD Wave. Extract the WAV from the CD, then you can place your index points to divide the tracks up. Then save to a folder of choice.

http://www.cdwave.com