Hip Hop, Art or Poison? CNN will tell us tonight!

sloppywhitesloppywhite 230 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Art or Poison??Thank God for Paula Zahn, she'll let us know:http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/outintheopen/I'm pressing record... I bet there'll be some good sample fodder here.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    They are about 20 years late on this story... jesus. Isn't there a war going on or something?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i heard about it. apparently the rise in white people buying rap = the rise in gangsta rap

at least thats what my dad got out of it

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Isn't there a war going on or something?

don't knock the hustle

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Yeah, there were some pretty interesting theories put out there in the show.
    A pretty good watch if your interested in this kind of thing.

There is one particuliarly touching moment with some White Kid in an SUV listening to Fabulous and getting interviewed about why he likes rap. It is pretty

• Yeah, there were some pretty interesting theories put out there in the show.
    A pretty good watch if your interested in this kind of thing.

There is one particuliarly touching moment with some White Kid in an SUV listening to Fabulous and getting interviewed about why he likes rap. It is pretty

that guy looked very uncomfortable. he had a nervious grin and was shaking his head "no" with everything he said.

I thought it was a good program. I liked how the host looked into himself as much as he placed blame. The theorys he put out there we're intresting but I don't think any of them are new.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Do you think hip-hop is art or poison?

Art 41% 899 votes

Poison 59% 1314 votes

Total: 2213 votes

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    gangsta rap
    Poison

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    c. reynaldo tucker

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    You don't care about Black people.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    oh so gangsta rap is the litmus test

• i like gangsta rap, it makes me feel tuff.

aint no such thang as half-way crook

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    So what was the verdict? Will hip hop solve mice problems?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i like gangsta rap, it makes me feel tuff.

aint no such thang as half-way crook
    haha

• i caught about five minutes of this, and it was completely unwatchable... the little bit i saw seemed like a slam on hip hop by severely disconnected people who will never get it, not a journalistic effort at all... they said something about rap music being anti-gay "since its roots", and then played a clip of snoop saying "faggot"... if you can't do enough research to know that snoop isn't exactly the "roots" of hip hop, i can't be bothered to watch your smear campaign/pandering to old, racist christians (who are probably equally anti-gay)