imdb - new layout

macacamacaca 278 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
is poo.and dont even get me started on rapidshares new FuNkY fonts.

Comments

• Ugh. You're right. They're making it look more like a store than an information center. Anyone remember old school IMDB with those big funky buttons that used to sit right in the middle of the page?

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    is poo.
    and dont even get me started on rapidshares new FuNkY fonts.

Almost as bad as when they changed the UI on ALLMUSIC.COM

I remember IMDB when there was NO interface. You just downloaded a big file and had to load it in your own database to view it. That was when the internet was . Eeeesh I'm old.

• Yeah, not a fan, although I don't think the old one was that hot either. I'll get used to it.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    total and complete poo.

• That about sums up my feelings about the IMDB redesign.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I don't even go onto allmusic.com anymore. Its such a pain in the ass I can't stand it. Used to go there all the time.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    total and complete poo.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    this thread now has 8 replies.

Now it has 9

10/10

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    11 mang. and i too agree that the new design is not fit for man nor rapcat.

if it gets to 17 I'm a have to check this imdb site out. It may just change my life.

13 you should check it out its if you like to read about movies.I like to read people's opinions on the films and check out the trailers.

13 you should check it out its if you like to read about movies.I like to read people's opinions on the films and check out the trailers.

Why not just read People in the checkout line and watch E!?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

it's good for finding out who dp'd a show and other things of that nature. E! is good for finding out about starlets on E.

16 it's a little more in-depth than that imo.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    the paid version is really good for tracking down people's agents, etc. - really helped me out at my last job.

i didn't think the last look was too shithot either...it's definitely function over form at imdb, like most industry mags, etc.

great site.

Back in a few... for real this site was a great time waster in the dotcom days when we played trivia games and had subwoofers under out desks.

OK did they get bought by Amazon?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    It doesn't look all that different to me. and still better than allbuttsecks, i mean allmusic.com.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    Yeah, outside of a small font change, gaudy buttons at the top, and more of a formal nested frame thing, it isn't a huge change. I prefer the older one, but at least this is managable.

If we want to talk about GODAWFUL site makeovers this year, let's start with fucking Yahoo! Sports. I mean, the main reason I avoided ESPN was because when it comes to getting sports scores, standings, and basic AP articles, I didn't want to wade through flash-for-flash's sake bullshit. Ugh.