I know why shit is bonkers

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Year of Pig Will Bring Disaster[/b]By DIKKY SINN The Associated PressFriday, February 16, 2007; 7:46 AMHONG KONG -- Sunday marks the start of the Chinese New Year and it's a lucky one for those starting out in life. But the rest of us are in for a rough ride. Expect epidemics, disasters and violence in much of the world."The Year of the Pig will not be very peaceful," said Hong Kong feng shui master Raymond Lo. Feng shui is the ancient Chinese practice of trying to achieve health, harmony and prosperity by using specific dates, numbers, building design and the placement of objects.The pig is one of 12 animals (or mythical animals in the case of the dragon) on the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac, which follows the lunar calendar. According to Chinese astrology, people born in pig years are polite, honest, hardworking and loyal. They are also lucky, which is why many Chinese like to have babies in a pig year."Any children born in The Year of Pig will receive help from others throughout their lives," Lo said.Ronald Reagan was a pig. So are Arnold Schwarzenegger, Woody Allen and Elton John. Not to mention Hillary Rodham Clinton.But a word of caution to the presidential candidate.The pig finished last in the race that determined the zodiac's order, behind the dog.Other animals in the zodiac are the rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey and rooster. The zodiac runs on a 12-year cycle, and each year is associated with the five elements that Chinese mystics make up the universe: metal, water, wood, fire and earth.Therein lies the trouble.Pig years can be turbulent because they are dominated by fire and water, conflicting elements that tend to cause havoc, Lo said."Fire sitting on water is a symbol of conflict and skirmish," he said. "We'll also see more fire disasters and bombings."

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    DAMNIT, FUCK FUCK FUCK.

• I was born METAL PIG.

This allows me to create paste-on cover Black Sabbath bootleg Lps
    out of thin air.

Also, every skratch-off lotto I do, I win. It is no longar fun,
    so I started lining up and snorting the metal flake residue and
    then I stay up for three days trying to set water on fire.

• Year of Pig Will Bring Disaster[/b]

By DIKKY SINN

DIKKY SINN.[/b]

Associated Press staff reporter, or guitarist for Milwaukee-based
    Motley Crue tribute band?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    For Koreans this is the GOLDEN PIG. although that is being debated. But Koreans are trying to have babies like mad so they can have a golden pig baby.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    For Koreans this is the GOLDEN PIG. although that is being debated. But Koreans are trying to have babies like mad so they can have a golden pig baby.

PHAT DONG

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

PHAT DONG

man, i shoulda called him yesterday and wished him a happy Tet. I wonder if he would consider that offensive.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    damn dude.

I am a Pig ... born 1983

my mom is turning 60 and she was born in 1947, which is the last time there was a golden pig ... crazy

this year is going to be dope as hell for me , fuck that newsprint!

• I'm a pig (HOGG), as is my older brother and younger brother-in-law.

B/W

Hoes didn't love me 'til they saw my pig piece:

• this thread is Boar-ing.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Dude, your arm is demented.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    yo Day.. why are you trying to usher in the apocalypse today? First the antichrist.. now prophecies of plagues and shit?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,898 Posts
    I think that is tattooed on a calf [insert sheep joke]. Either that or there is some popeye/spinach thing going on.