The Last King of Scotland ost..

Ayrotollah77Ayrotollah77 415 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Saw it last night & caught myself boppin throughout..Especially to one cut which in the credits was listed as "fever" by Jinge..anyone wanna hit me with some on this cut or genre in general??peace A

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    1. Toko Momo by Wandel
    2. Nakawunde by Percussion Discussion Africa
    3. Idi???s Story
    4. Afro Disco Beat by Tony Allen
    5. Save Me E. T. by Mensah & The Tempos Band
    6. Grazing in the Grass by Hugh Masekela
    7. Ambush
    8. Me and Bobby McGee by Angela Kalule
    9. Kasongo by Afrigo Band
    10. Fever by Jingo
    11. The Bonnie Banks O??? Loch Lomond by Nyzonza Singers
    12. Bukom Mashie Mashie by Oscar Sulley & The Uhuru Dance Band
    13. Press Conference
    14. Love Is You by Ofo The Black Company
    15. Getting the Evil of Nicolas
    16. On the Runway
    17. Down Over Lake Victoria
    18. Acholi Pot Song by Ndere Dance Troupe
    19. Voice of the Forgotten featuring Kawesa

Here's the tracklisting that I found on Amazon. They're selling the CD plus they have short snippets of the tracks if you want to listen to them. (link)

http://www.amazon.com/Last-King-Scotland-Alex-Heffes/dp/B000HKDE8S

I agree as well, they had some great music in the movie, which was good by itself.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Besides Hugh Masekela who had a huge European/U.S. hit with Grazing In The Grass, the only other artist that I recognize is Tony Allen who was part of Fela Kuti's outfit in Nigeria and released some solo records as well.

• Oh shit! Ofo the Black company!!!!! is this the flip to "Allah Wakbar"? I need that 45...been lookin for the damn thing for years!

• Saw it last night & caught myself boppin throughout..Especially to one cut which in the credits was listed as "fever" by Jinge..anyone wanna hit me with some on this cut or genre in general??peace A

fever is also the first cut on this comp. dope all the way through.

• Thanks, I gotta learn more about this stuff..

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I spoke with Miles Cleret when he was dj:ing in Sweden a year or so ago and he was pleased that Oscar Sulley is getting some of that Hollywood money from "Bukom Mashie". That track is so amazing, and the fact that it was unreleased for so long boggles the mind...