SS interview om HHV.de

OlskiOlski 355 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Don't know if the interview HHV.de did with Raj has been mentioned yet but it just don't stop. I was spending half a day last week doing interviews with college radio and music mags from Australia last week and every second interviewer was asking about Soul Strut!

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hey Olski, are you planning on paying Ayres and I the money that you owe us from the record that we did for you, over 2 years ago?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Hey Olski, are you planning on paying Ayres and I the money that you owe us from the record that we did for you, over 2 years ago?

oh hell, nah! uh uhhhhh! , oh schittt!

• Hey Olski, are you planning on paying Ayres and I the money that you owe us from the record that we did for you, over 2 years ago?

Not that I know Olski at all but 98% of these indie guys are dirtier than the major labels. At least the majors will screw you with legitimate paperwork. This reminds me to make a couple calls to chase some money owed to me for years from one of these bum ass labels.

• Hey Olski, are you planning on paying Ayres and I the money that you owe us from the record that we did for you, over 2 years ago?

Not that I know Olski at all but 98% of these indie guys are dirtier than the major labels. At least the majors will screw you with legitimate paperwork. This reminds me to make a couple calls to chase some money owed to me for years from one of these bum ass labels.

I feel the same way. (picks up phone to call *m Records)

Scream on em! Shit just gets old. I would have more respect if they would just be straight up about it. Its time to get back to putting out your own music and controlling every dollar. BTW big shout out to Hiero and Rhymesayers, 2 indie labels that actually give their artists accounting statements.

Scream on em! Shit just gets old. I would have more respect if they would just be straight up about it. Its time to get back to putting out your own music and controlling every dollar. BTW big shout out to Hiero and Rhymesayers, 2 indie labels that actually give their artists accounting statements.

That's encouraging to hear. Those are two labels I wouldn't hesitate getting down with because I believe in the cats that run the labels. It's refreshing to hear they actually handle their biz as well. A good look in the industry, who would have thought?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts

Hey Cosmo,

are you planning to respond to the PM that I sent ? You also have my phone number and e-mail. I am not discussing business matters on a message board. I have never ripped off any artist I am working with. Ask Day, Mike, Hawkeye, A-ko, McDee or Sticky Dojah.

Thanks

Oliver

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Thes,
    I completly agree that it is bogus to take advantage of someone's talent by not paying them, advertising, etc.

So, all in all I am not make fun of Cos' because i have been there. I'm rooting him on because i have been there and sometimes you need peeps to help root for you during some bullshit like that.

I hope that makes sense.

I know how it feels to get dicked over. I dont know if its the town I am in, being a chick, but its absolute bullshit.

love
    elise

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    98% of these indie guys are dirtier than the major labels.

IMG SRC=http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cos3ve.gif WIDTH=600>

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Shit...*m is supposed to be paying me for this remix I did...should I just assume they aren't going to pay me unless I run up in the office a la Ice Cube at Priority?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I am not going anywhere near Comso, Ayres and Olski's business affairs, but I will say I have had zero problems working with Oliver over the last 2 years.

Shit...*m is supposed to be paying me for this remix I did...should I just assume they aren't going to pay me unless I run up in the office a la Ice Cube at Priority?

umm, I hate to say it, but yes. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, nawmean?

• I do music for over ten years know, and I released a shitload of stuff on a lot of lables indies and majors.

So yes, the music biz is a fucked up business, and I only know two companys that not fucked and ripped me up, and Melting Pot is one of the two.

Think about it !!!!!!

Peace
    Hawkeye

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    For the record,

Oliver owes us some money from a record we did a few years ago. We still haven't seen our money. At the same time I know that he's been fair and square with a lot of other artists, including friends of mine. So in no way was me publicly asking for him to take a look at the money situation between us intended to be an attack at his business ethics. It's just an effort to get him to respond to me in this individual situation.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    hey guys.. way to hijack my 15 minutes!

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    hahaha...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Sorry, Raj!

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Guys...GUYS! This is about Raj for once, OK?!
    Let the man catch some shine...

IMG SRC=http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8109/rajbarbmg2.jpg>