The Orlando Rec. Show: Yay or Ehhhhh?

Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
What's the verdict? Is it worth driving 6 hrs.?

Comments

• no record show (except austin) is worth driving 6 hours to IMO unless you plan on MAKING lots of money.

i went to the orlando show a couple times a bunch of years ago and it wasnt bad but not that great. cant imagine it got better...but you never know.

where you at right now,mike?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    no record show (except austin) is worth driving 6 hours to IMO unless you plan on MAKING lots of money.

i went to the orlando show a couple times a bunch of years ago and it wasnt bad but not that great. cant imagine it got better...but you never know.

where you at right now,mike?
    What up, T?
    I see your point.
    Guess I'll just continue going to the ATL rec. show.

I'm still in the Ft. Benning/Columbus area (right by the Chattahoochee).

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

ya should have come to that chatta show saturday

carlos from tuscaloosa,
    dave from dallas & charlotte/atlanta gene all brought some heat
    if i knew they were setting up i'd have hollered

ya should have come to that chatta show saturday

carlos from tuscaloosa,
    dave from dallas & charlotte/atlanta gene all brought some heat

I wanted to go but I had to some other business
    (that I should of put off until Sunday) that I had to take care of.

Carlos is dude. Nice guy, nice records.

• if i knew they were setting up i'd have hollered

And holla at my ass when you're hitting the Chatta show. I'm like 2 hours away! and we can roll to that spot on the time-line border!

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts

Yeah, I used to live there and went multiple times - not worth going out of one's way for.

And holla at my ass when you're hitting the Chatta show. I'm like 2 hours away! and we can roll to that spot on the time-line border!

i should have hollered

hi g !

• i should have hollered

hi g !

Next time!!!

and the Orlando show was is dope when Kelly makes an appearance!! when I lived there I got mucho FL 45's at them shows (the most memorable moment is Quit Jiv'in for $25)

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

definitely nice dude.
    nice records, i guess... when he'll actually sell them to you.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    no record show (except austin) is worth driving 6 hours to IMO unless you plan on MAKING lots of money.

i'd drive 6 hours to wfmu

definitely nice dude.
    nice records, i guess... when he'll actually sell them to you.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts

i should have hollered

hi g !

Next time!!!

and the Orlando show was is dope when Kelly makes an appearance!! when I lived there I got mucho FL 45's at them shows (the most memorable moment is Quit Jiv'in for $25)

ive been pickin up a bunch of 45s from kelly in the past couple of weeks. a few miami psych jammies. he got a ridiculous blues and soul 45 collection last week. found some winners

• yo, theres some fleas outside of atlanta that i did real well at (gwen mcrae-melody of life,coffy stk,diedre wilson tabac all spring to mind). on those secondary roads...check those local listings. i might have the info written down in my journals.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    yo, theres some fleas outside of atlanta that i did real well at (gwen mcrae-melody of life,coffy stk,diedre wilson tabac all spring to mind). on those secondary roads...check those local listings. i might have the info written down in my journals.

you keep journals?

post today's entry from last year or you are soft.

yo, theres some fleas outside of atlanta that i did real well at (gwen mcrae-melody of life,coffy stk,diedre wilson tabac all spring to mind). on those secondary roads...check those local listings. i might have the info written down in my journals.
    Word. I needs to get off my ass and dig in that area (not to mention Alabama).

Muscogee County is dried up.

• yo, theres some fleas outside of atlanta that i did real well at (gwen mcrae-melody of life,coffy stk,diedre wilson tabac all spring to mind). on those secondary roads...check those local listings. i might have the info written down in my journals.

you keep journals?

post today's entry from last year or you are soft.

jus from when i was philahobo.havent even opened them up yet.
    journal for last year would be the same as it is today

I needs to get off my ass and dig in that area

tee-hee!

I needs to get off my ass and dig in that area

tee-hee!
    I didn't want to post that.

• i should have hollered

hi g !

Next time!!!

There are some goodies to be had from time to time.
    That said, I didn't really score there the last year before I moved outside of a few bits and pieces.

Didn't witness the quit jivin' score but I hear you were quite coy bout it. G you are great like that, coming up asking people "do you think I should buy this?" when holding something like quit jivin'. YOU KNOW YOU WILL BUY IT!!

orlandoroni.

orlandoroni.
    Now I'm hungry.

orlandoroni.
    Now I'm hungry.

me too.

and bored.

• Didn't witness the quit jivin' score but I hear you were quite coy bout it. G you are great like that, coming up asking people "do you think I should buy this?" when holding something like quit jivin'. YOU KNOW YOU WILL BUY IT!!

and I'm ready to blow a gasket on records I have zero intention of buying

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    You talking bout the show at the Fairgrounds? I went to the last one in January...I paid the $10 to get in early thinking I was beating the crowd...They opend at 7. I stepped in at 7:30 and there was a grip of fools in there. The dumb ass local weekly ran a article about how records where back on the rise (see hipsters)...They blew up all the spots not to mention the show...So now there was a few more people in the way...When is the next one.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Ahh shit good looks on that...If you decide to roll out let me know...I always like the show but 6 hours is kinda far...

Ahh shit good looks on that...If you decide to roll out let me know...I always like the show but 6 hours is kinda far...
    Nah, I'm not driving down. The ehhhhhs outweigh yays.
    I'll stick to GA and AL but I did really want to go to Florida.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    Florida shows are dying out, as compared to a few years ago.. maybe that means more people, maybe not. basicaly the same dude holds them all over the state.

I went to one a couple years ago.. not that big.. so so.. if I have dough I will drive an hour to attend...

I would not drive 6 hours though..