Paypal venting + question

hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
This is somewhat long-winded, so please bear with me.About six months ago, my credit card expired and, as expected, I got a sent a new one. I edited my info at paypal accordingly (mainly the verification number and the new expiration date), and after too many tries, my card got disabled. I didn't know that I should've deleted my card first and then added it again. (To me, this still isn't entirely logical as the "new" card has the same number as the "old" one.) Anyway, from that day forward, I sent probably thirty emails to Paypal concerning the matter. A fraction of these got answered, in a roundabout manner to boot. After a whole lot of confusion (wrong fax numbers, contradictory advice) I got a working fax number to send my credit card statement and a copy of my driver's license to. I do this, a couple of weeks pass, I get an email from "Francois" saying that my info was right, but "it appears that your credit card has been permanently disabled your card [sic] for use in the PayPal system."I obviously get pissed-- they recognize the fact that I am me, but claim that the card "APPEARS" to be "PERMANENTLY" disabled. So I send them another email basically asking how can something like this be permanent if they have proof that I am me and absolutely no misuse of the card has occured. Clearly stating that *it's impossible for me to use another card*. Twenty days (i.e. today) later I get this:"Thank you for contacting PayPal. I am very sorry for the delay in answeringyour email. We have recently encountered a large volume of emails. We donot intend for any customer to wait this long for a response. Please acceptour apologies.Hello my name is Rolf, I will be happy to assist you with your questionregarding your credit card.The card you have attempted to add to your PayPal account can no longer beadded to the PayPal system. At this time, we ask that you please tryanother card. Thank you for your understanding.I understand your frustration regarding this matter and apologize for anyinconvenience it might have caused you."In hindsight, yes, I should've called them (I live across the globe however) or given up on the whole thing.Still I'm asking: should I continue pestering these illiterate idiots or is it 100% that the card is indeed "permanently" disabled and there's nothing I can do about it?I swear this whole ordeal could've been taken care of in two weeks, instead I get six months of idiotic emails and incorrect info.

Comments

• get a phone number and call someone. No matter what it takes GET A PHONE NUMBER! Even if you have to wait on the phone for an hour it will be more effectve than anything else. I don't see any reason why they can't except your credit card if it legit. Maybe there is a problem on the credit card company side. That is all i know about that.