MY FIRST MPC BEAT

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
No disresspect to the other beat thread, but this is a celebration! Now presenting: my first official beat on the MPC 1000 I've been using for a couple of weeks now.Feedback is appreciated. Drew Nice - So Bad

Comments

• Some really nice chops and cool enough drums but it REALLY needs a bassline man!
    Props on your first beat on it!

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

sounds nice homey. those drums sound a little dry though. verbify that ass.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Nice one, Drew, needs a bass.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    OK, added a rough bass line. It does sound more complete. Thanks, ya'll.

Drew Nice - So Bad (revised)

• can i use that beat for some of my old man raps?

what did you do for the bassline, the good ol' filter technique? you might have to play a real bassline on that... there are many wayz to do it, i'm sure the strutter community will be glad to give you tips on this. as of right now i like it better minus the bass. regardless, sounds dumb fresh. especially for a first beat. keep up the good work!

I'm not satisfied with the bass line yet either, so that's gonna get an edit.

But, I jacked a single bass tone audio file and spread it out, tuned separately on the pads and went to it.

Phill, yeah big hommie, it's yours to spit on.

I hope you're serious, because I think that'd sound

Drew Nice and The Delfonics, featuring Phill Most Chill

• RafaelRafael 120 Posts
    Its real cool... did you put drums over the top or where they there already? You're on your way kid.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

But, I jacked a single bass tone audio file and spread it out, tuned separately on the pads and went to it.
    16 levels, hmmm?

That beat is hott, D.
    Damn I can't wait to get some new equipment.

Its real cool... did you put drums over the top or where they there already? You're on your way kid.

Thanks, mayne. I was just looking for your email address to send you the link.

I tapped the drums out on top of the sample.

Hopefully I save this ish correctly.

Still a little fuzzy on the best way to do that on here.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Drew,

I'm feeling that one. Nice job, holmes!!! I wish I could break out of my beat block. I've been on the ASR-10 all day, and NOTHING!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    No disresspect to the other beat thread, but this is a celebration!

Now presenting: my first official beat on the MPC 1000 I've been using for a couple of weeks now.

Feedback is appreciated.

Drew Nice - So Bad

ILL !!!!!!