5000 posts! Rock mix related!

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
wow, I've wasted a shit ton of time here...so to celebrate my 5000th post I've posted a MP3 rock mix for all to enjoy...all kindsa rock...new/old, lite/heavy, raer/nonraer of psychedelic, latin, euro, garage, glam, stoner and other varieties. Over an hour from records big with little holes and little with big holes! I hope y'all listen and enjoy!TracklistDungen-Vem Vaktar LejonenCan-Shikako Maru TenNino Ferrer-FreakSly and the Family Stone-Trip to Your HeartRolling Stones-We Love YouAntonio Carlos E Jocafi-Quem Va LaLos Destellos-Volando Con DestellosDakila-DakilaHighway Robbery-Promotion ManSlade-Them Kinda MonkeysThe Stairs-Squashed Tomato StompJacques Dutronc-A Quene Les YvelinesRupert's People-Hold OnMutantes-Top TopMaria Anzai-Namida No TaiyoSenay-Gercek NerdeGli Spettri-Non Eri Per MeGianni Pettenati and the Juniors-Il SuperoumoHolly Golightly-There is an EndMarie Laforet-Et Si JetaimeGal Costa-Mini MisterioI heart Soulstrut....Here's da Mix

Comments

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    congrats on your 5000....downloading as I type this

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• congrats on your 5000....downloading as I type this

thanks! Soulstrut is the best place on the interweb!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Thanks for the mix. I've just finished listening to it. Good stuff, and really nice to see the Stairs in there - a hugely underrated band from my hometown of Liverpool.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    You just solved my daily dilema of "What fuck should I listen to today?"

Thank you Hook Up for the Hook Up.

• and really nice to see the Stairs in there - a hugely underrated band from my hometown of Liverpool.

Thanks! I honestly dont know anything about them...all I have is the one 45 that I stole from a roommate 15 years ago. Never have found the LP "Mexican RnB"...are they still around? have the dudes done other stuff?

• This looks hot... exactly what I needed this morning. Downloading now...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    and really nice to see the Stairs in there - a hugely underrated band from my hometown of Liverpool.

Thanks! I honestly dont know anything about them...all I have is the one 45 that I stole from a roommate 15 years ago. Never have found the LP "Mexican RnB"...are they still around? have the dudes done other stuff?

They broke up years ago, not long after the album came out. Edgar Jones, the main man, spent a bit of time in Paul Weller's band, and is still out there making music. This was his last record, and he's got a new one on the way. I heard his new band on the radio a few months ago, and it sounded really good. Edited because I found this.

• thanks for the info

• Thanks for the mix! Still listen to the psych mix you posted one or two years ago! 5K yeah!

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    wicked
    thanks for mixin'