i was fired today

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
and presented with a printed out post off of this very website (which i posted yesterday) using inappropriate language towards the precious company. they also printed out all the college coursework i did online and told me "the internet is our livelihood" and canned me.

Comments

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    and presented with a printed out post off of this very website (which i posted yesterday) using inappropriate language towards the precious company. they also printed out all the college coursework i did online and told me "the internet is our livelihood" and canned me.

I am so sorry!
    There is some weird thing going down with jobs lately. I am not havin the best of luck or any of my friends!

(hug)

and FUCK THEM! I HOPE THEY READ THIS SCHITT!

love,
    elise

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    woah, just this morning i was reading about your employer blocking the websites you visit. keep your head up man!!! you'll find more work.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    if the IT guy is reading this,all you get is a simple

• and presented with a printed out post off of this very website (which i posted yesterday) using inappropriate language towards the precious company. they also printed out all the college coursework i did online and told me "the internet is our livelihood" and canned me.

I hope you are posting this from work while cleaning out your desk.

Seriously, sounds like you didn't like the job much anyway so use it as a chance to find something better.

woah, just this morning i was reading about your employer blocking the websites you visit. keep your head up man!!! you'll find more work.

yea. you think he would atleast go "listen man they dont like this" he is the only one who knows whats going on. he couldnt tell me to stop? i would of. my job wasnt rocket science. it was mostly answering phones. i am in school full time. this job was part time to make some money to pay off phone bills and shit. instead, he goes crying to the head of HR and starts printing out shit like "oooohhh im telling"

I hope you are posting this from work while cleaning out your desk.

Seriously, sounds like you didn't like the job much anyway so use it as a chance to find something better.

i didnt have anything of mine in the said desk. i answered phones. i left right after they fired me.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

I am so sorry!
    There is some weird thing going down with jobs lately. I am not havin the best of luck or any of my friends!

(hug)

and FUCK THEM! I HOPE THEY READ THIS SCHITT!

love,
    elise

Go back to that other day saying how we were "TIRED TODAY".

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Damn, sorry to hear that...but you were getting paid to do coursework & surf Soulstrut!
    Advantage: you!

P.S. Raj should send you a SS care package.

• that's some weak shit.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Congrats! I remember posting on the strut when I got fired! It was awesome!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts
    I wonder what websites your IT guy visits on company time. If that you have the ability to find that out somehow someway, you could get your job back.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I wonder what websites your IT guy visits on company time. If that you have the ability to find that out somehow someway, you could get your job back.

or take him down with you....

• that's some weak shit.

you seem awfully calm about it.

your it guy is a prick, that's a surprise.

you should have pulled a fight club...

• As an IT Systems Admin who lurks on soulstrut myself, I think they were being a bit harsh - maybe the comments about the company is what took it over the top.

I see people waste so much time at work it's ridiculous - and I wouldn't try to get someone fired.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

Working With Your I.T. Guy

A guide to getting the most out of your IT guy[/b]Your IT guy. Just who is he? He’s probably a genius in your mind, because he knows everything about your computers, networks, security and the Internet and always seems to have the right solution. Acronyms are so much a part of his vocabulary, it’s like he is talking a different language. He looks like he’s been up all night partying, but tells you he just couldn’t put down the latest manual on webcasting. Yes, IT guys are definitely different.But that’s good. You know he lives and breathes technology. And of course, you understand your business. So when it comes to getting the most out of your IT guy for your business, what’s the secret? Let him loose and see what he recommends? Take an IT night course and learn to talk his language? Wait for a problem and then call him? No. We’ve got a better idea.Here’s our Top 10 Guide to getting more out of your IT guy:

Start a relationship.[/b] You’re the business person. He’s the tech guy. Just like in any relationship, you need to define your roles and understand what your responsibilities are. You set your business course and strategy, and he focuses on all things technical to get you there.

Have Lunch.[/b] Or a breakfast meeting. Your IT guy needs to know your budget parameters. Help him understand what kind of business you are in, your issues and challenges, and what you do to stand out from your competition. Ask him how he’s helped other businesses like yours.

Be Frank.[/b] Even if your name is Peter, Jane or Ted. Only you know where your business is, and where you want it to go. Be clear about what you want technology to do for you. Help increase productivity? Give you connectivity to clients from home? Go wireless? Know what you want, then ask your IT guy to suggest solutions, not technology.

Talk Turkey.[/b] Don’t talk business jargon to him. And ask your IT guy to talk to you like you were a two year old (at least when it comes to technology) and no acronyms. That way, he can understand your issues and you can understand his recommendations.

Be Regular.[/b] Don’t wait for problems to happen. Your IT guy is smart. Pick his brains on a regular basis about what you’re doing with your business tools and could you be doing better.

Don’t be Afraid.[/b] Ask questions about things you don’t really understand. Have you read about something interesting, but don’t have a clue how to implement it? For example, think a website might be a good way to better connect with customers? Go ahead. Talk to your IT guy.

Be Open.[/b] On the other hand, ask your IT guy to come to you with ideas. He’s probably implemented lots of interesting solutions for other companies like yours. Keep an open mind (even if you’re on a budget.) You never know where new thinking might take your business.

Have a Meeting of the Minds.[/b] Give your IT guy access to your employees. Let him watch how they work, how they utilize their IT tools. Give your employees a chance to talk about how they could do things better. Get him to give you a report that you can read…and understand.

Check Under the Hood.[/b] Even if things seem good on the surface, it’s smart to have your IT guy come in for a scheduled maintenance and performance check up on your IT infrastructure.

Take his Advise.[/b] Give each other a little respect, everyone’s opinions are important. If your IT guy gets to know your business properly, keeps your budget and business goals in mind, and you follow his advise, you could have the perfect relationship that can take your business to a higher level of performance.

IMG SRC=http://www.hedonistica.com/images/2006/07/nick-burns.jpg>

• I happen to know the name of the chick my IT guy is having an affair with.

Fuck if dude is trying to get me fired...

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    guess that kinda sucks.
    sorry to hear

• dude, you answered phones right? Well, chances are they havent hired a new person for your shift...so post the number you answered and lets bombard them with phone calls, then maybe some salty manager has to cover for you until they hire someone and lets get them yellin'!

• dude, you answered phones right? Well, chances are they havent hired a new person for your shift...so post the number you answered and lets bombard them with phone calls, then maybe some salty manager has to cover for you until they hire someone and lets get them yellin'!

wow this is good

• Everyone should send a fax to this number so it keeps trying to call that number.

behemoth do this or you're soft!

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    dude, you answered phones right? Well, chances are they havent hired a new person for your shift...so post the number you answered and lets bombard them with phone calls, then maybe some salty manager has to cover for you until they hire someone and lets get them yellin'!
    behemoth do this or you're soft!

Do it! Do it! Do it!

• that's some weak shit.

sayin'. They should have at least given you a warning. That's professional

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    im not trying to be an ass but at your next job if your favorite internet sites start getting blocked, it might not be a good idea to post shit about your company.

• im not trying to be an ass but at your next job if your favorite internet sites start getting blocked, it might not be a good idea to post shit about your company.

ZING?

• chasechase 767 Posts
    damn dude, sorry to here about that...

at least it was not a full time gig...

• My girl just got fired from an job she moved to another STATE for, because "she's not as fast" as the guy who's been there 6 months

It's restoring furniture - and they are pitting a chubby 5'3 girl against a guy who's at least 6'6 and looks like he spends all his spare time at the gym. Not to mention that he has had experience before on top of the 6 months he's been there.

well. they blocked em yesterday. i was almost positive it was one of those things where sites with alot of traffic that arent accepted are automatically blocked. Myspace was done before i was even hired. besides, soulstrut wasnt blocked right away. so i didnt know. up to that point they just blocked Meebo. to go back to the HR manager and saying "he said a curse word" about the company. i mean. you saw my other post. that is "exactly" what they showed me. picture of Marlo and all haha. he searched Soulstrut? fuck that shit.