Japanese International Money Order question

PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Tried to deposit an International Japanese Money Order (in US $ obviously) into my bank account but then found they can???t directly deposit it. They filled out a Collection Item/Foreign Collection form and said it would take 1 or 2 weeks to collect. Kinda like a check. OK, no problem. My question: Is it safe to mail out the LP homeboy paid for with said M.O. or should I make him wait for clearance of payment before shipping, like a check?Thanks in advance,Quo

Comments

• Strange...I deposited a JPN intl MO for a record recently and it was no biggie...never heard of this collection stuff. It was deposited into a small, independent bank...do you bank at a big bank? Perhaps this is big bank red tape stuff?

Anywho, I would wait until it clears just ot be on the safe side. Just let dude know you will mail the record as soon as it clears.

• I had it happen to be too, it also depends on your bank too.

But I would wait to send it out, in case it doesn't clear.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Yeah, I never had to deal with anything like this before with any MO from any country. They usually just deposit them. Just switched over to Webster so maybe they have a different protocol than my last bank. I was leaning toward waiting for clearance, you guys help solidify that idea. Better to err on the side of caution. Thanks.