"BlackGirl"+BigFish(Sween)+HighSchoolNameCallers=?

BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
edited June 2005 in Announcements
High School Reminiscing[/b]

That "Black Girl" shit is lame. And it got me thinking about high school. And just now I got an email from my best friend since grade school. Me and M***y shared a locker in high school. We were what you would call the "weird" dudes around the halls. M***y liked to read. And I liked to listen to records in my room alone.

I heard some kids at school were calling me names. And it kinda sucked. That high school feeling that "Black Girl" must be feeling now. I'm white, and the name was just mean, not racial, so she's prolly got it worse. But it sucked.

I guess we showed them. M***y and I. Cause look at where we are today!

M***y is killing big things. His email said "I won a fishing competition off Catalina Islands. I bought a gun. I like killing what I eat." M***y invited me out, said we could charter a boat (cause he's got his skippers license), and fish for shark 50 miles off the coast of California. He said he floats in the water and waits for them to get close and them spears them. I don't know man, that sounds kinda scary. Specially cause I used to beat on ole' boy when we were kids. Who knows what kinda chum he'd smear on me to make me all tasty to the sharks...

And I no longer wear bangs, so I'm doing alright too...

Comments

• Options
    M***y is killing big things. His email said "I won a fishing competition off Catalina Islands. I bought a gun. I like killing what I eat." M***y invited me out, said we could charter a boat (cause he's got his skippers license), and fish for shark 50 miles off the coast of California. He said he floats in the water and waits for them to get close and them spears them. I don't know man, that sounds kinda scary. Specially cause I used to beat on ole' boy when we were kids. Who knows what kinda chum he'd smear on me to make me all tasty to the sharks...

Yeah man, look at the perfect shot in the fish on the right. Your boy is kinda nasty with the speargun, him and my pops would have a lot to talk about my dad used to do that shit too.

You should look into skishing. In a nutshell, dudes out at Montauk (mecca for surffishing) throw on wetsuits and flippers, swim out a quarter mile or so, hook into 40 pound bass and fight them and then drag them into shore. 40-50 pounders will drag them around too, plus there are rocks and sharks out there. So you got a 40-50 pound fish dragging you around a quarter to a half mile offshore, while you're holding a $800 fishing pole, and you have to get the whole package back to land. We should do that shit this year, figure around November or so?

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    That sounds fun. I wouldn't mind getting drug around by some big fucker of a fish. My dad took me sturgeon fishing in the Pacific when I was young (weekends with dad when I was young were like play with the welder, eat m&m's and salami all day, and don't bathe for 2 days), and we caught 3 fish, 1 of which was below the limit, so pops unscrewed the dash of the boat and hid the fish in the console (classy!). I remember eating most of a box of powdered donuts and drinking at least 4 cokes while we were out there. I was fine. No seasickness. Nothing. I woke up in the middle of the night with it coming from both ends. The noise woke pops up, who came rushing in like, "Jesus! Why don't you puke in the toilet?" So I got up, turned around and shat all over the bathmat while I hurled. He was like, "Oh, that's why."

High school names.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    man, not a picture I need in my head this morning...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    One year, we went on a highschool trip to Quebec City - where they served underage and they served it til all hours. A really small group of us went, all friends. The French teacher who took us was gay and did a really half-assed job at trying to hide it. He was also a big partyer. He was never on time for Monday morning classes and when he did get there, he looked so busted from what was obviously a much better weekend than what any of us had had. Once we got to the hotel (the same one GunsnRoses were staying at, I might add, and me and T**** shared a elevator with them and they smelled really bad), he showed us how to sneak in after curfew and by-pass the teachers from the other school.

Because there was only 10 of us, we had to share the bus and hotel deal with another school which was even further out in the suburbs than we were. They were all White and we were not. On the ride up there it was all giggles and stares and "ew, you smell" faces and it was basically like that for the any part of the trip we did things with them. One of our rooms was across from theirs and if our door was open, they threw garbage into it from across the hall. One day we took a really long tour (Quebec City is very hilly) and one of the girls from the other school got really red and then really pale and then she chucked. She got some on the L***-A**, who was convinced she was targeted because she was Black. I would think this, too, if I had been called a n***** and and m****y the day before. This trip was the first time I heard "I'm not racist, I own a coloured television." We still had fun and partied really hard. We did some really stupid shit, too, like bringing two dudes back to the hotel room with us after buying hash from them. N****** puked every night from all the drinking and on our last night we brought a stationary bicycle up to our room from the hotel gym and clogged the bathtub with food and juice we stole from the hotel kitchen. It was fun and L***-A** was part of it the whole time, but I could tell that those motherfuckers ruined the trip for her. She was the only Black girl and she definitely got the brunt of it from those asswipes. Two of us eventually got into a fight with two of them and the bus ride home was just a lot of tired, hung-over and totally depressed teen-agers.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I went to 6 different high schools over the span of 7 years. The first one I went to was in a pretty rich part of town. I came from the other side of the tracks & my mom sent me to this swanky school because, to be frank, she was afraid of me fraternizing with the kids in my 'hood. She wanted was for me to go to school with folks like us - white, Jewish people - & there were very few of them in our neighborhood...So I was sent to a public school in a wealthy, predominantly Jewish neighborhood. Despite the fact that I was of the same blood as these dudes, they never treated me as one of theirs.

I was ostracized & it sucked.

Eventually, I just dropped out. I hated being singled out as different & treated like dirt. It was just before Christmas break that I said ???Fuck this shit???. I walked out the joint & never came back.

I stayed out of school for 2 years, just bumming around. When I went back, it was under the condition that I'd attend a school in my neighborhood. This was a point of contention with my family because I'd be the only white kid in the whole goddamn school, but my mother was happy that I was actually willing to go to school. At this new school, shit was hella cool. It was amazing to be in an environment where I didn???t have to deal with so much bullshit prejudice. The kids there were of all backgrounds, the majority being people from the Caribbean. I remember being so amazed when I would talk to people in the hallways ??? they didn???t ignore me!! There were some jerks, my mom???s friends & extended family, who thought it was wrong for me to go to school with the ???Shvartzas???. My feeling, though, has always been screw the haters???do what feels right???

I ended up dropping out of that school, too.

Turns out I just hated school.

I was gonna write some more stuff about prejudice, but fuck it; we all know it sucks anyway.

Luv

hizzle the wacky semite