dilla ruff draft reissue

sconesscones 434 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
good looking out stones throw. people need this, some of dillas best worklets hope the pressing is better. i read wolf has the tapes of some of them so this should be a good project - not anymorehttp://stonesthrow.com/news/ruffdraft/

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    ruff draft on cassette.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    promo 12s with 'make em nv' out about now..

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    promo 12s with 'make em nv' out about now..

is that the one with "Wild"? Wild indeed...

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    I especially appreciate that the instrumentals are included.
    The bonus 7" is another good look.

• sconesscones 434 Posts

with the album???

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

with the album???

yup.

2nd 12" has the instrumentals.

bonus 45 (dirty crushin) is available for free at a couple of selected stores if you buy the LP.

for example:

http://www.hhv.de/item_94774.html

• i was under the impression that the instrumentals werent included with the 2LP, hopefully i'm wrong.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    ruff draft on cassette.

Ii hope it's true and not just some talk

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

hope it's true and not just some talk

read the article first by stones throw, then post, permission to proceed:
    http://www.stonesthrow.com/news/ruffdraft/

???Before we get this started, let me explain it. It???s Ruff Draft. For my real niggaz only. DJs that play that real live shit. You wanna bounce in your whip with that real live shit. Sound like it???s straight from the ma???fuckin??? cassette! Ruff Draft... Let???s do it.???

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    goooooood shit. I think I made a post about this a month ago. (SEE DANNO! MUSIC RELATED) But, i've heard mixed answers about cassete.

I can't fucking wait.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    "Ruff Draft will be released on 2/CD and 2/LP."

The write up mentions it 'sounding like' a cassette a couple times but nowhere does it insinuate that it will be released on tape (which would be strictly a novelty anyway, not that I think ST is above novelty releases or anything)

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    but I also heard that Dilla wanted that (music on a cassette) to give it that "rough" sound.

I think it's a dope idea.

I use to host a night called "Mixtape Mondays with Elise" in my hometown at a local club.
    It was pretty dope and some people brought in some mixes that were pretty nice! but this one dude that sticks in my memory actually brought a mix fucking TAPE! After that I just had to have him play. He wasn't that good, but he was excited to actually play out instead of his bedroom. Which was the point.

I should start making some og mixtape styleeeee.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Other than making covers for mixtapes I've never for a second missed tapes... they caused me so much hell for so many years (breaking, wearing out, waiting for FF/RW, and my OCD rendering piecing together songs 'just right' take fucking forever... never mind how ridiculously squirrelly and accident prone the decks were)

Though I do occasionally regret losing the big box o' tapes when a house I was in the process of moving out of got taken over by crackheads...

• The Ruff Draft cassette will come free with the Turn It Up! shirts

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    The Ruff Draft cassette will come free with the Turn It Up! shirts