Ultramagentic MC's-Poppa Large (East Coast Remix)

coldgettingdumbcoldgettingdumb 100 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
It says on the Mercury/Polygram 12" that the East Coast remix was produced by Da Beatminerz but I am sure this wasn't Da Beatminerz (Mr Walt, Evil Dee, Rich Blak) etc.It does seems that Ike Lee & Aaron Lyles were affiliated with Da Beatminerz though and I'm just wondering why they chose that name in 1991/92 and if that was the original line up?Any help would be appreciatedand for the record I have never owned an I-Pod in my life, I rock tapes, vinyl, CD's and MP3's.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

It is The Beatminerz from Brooklyn. I think this their first remix as well.

• I'm not sure as I find it odd that if this is Da Beatminerz first production, then how come Ike Lee & Aaron Lyles were no longer part of the crew after that one remix?, I did some research and noticed that Ike Lee & Aaron Lyles did production for J Quest and a few others as well.

• I have heard from both Dee and Walt's mouths that they did not do this record.

I don't know who did, but if it was them, they're not telling.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I have heard from both Dee and Walt's mouths that they did not do this record.

SS vet Oldnewsoul once mentioned dat Da Beatminerz dat did do dat beat were friends of his... he could probably shed a little more light on the situation if he's around.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    dat Da Beatminerz dat did do dat

Grand_Stylez?

Yes the mystery to solve, so seek and define[/b]

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    such a necessary record

• faux_rillz said:
    I have heard from both Dee and Walt's mouths that they did not do this record.

SS vet Oldnewsoul once mentioned dat Da Beatminerz dat did do dat beat were friends of his... he could probably shed a little more light on the situation if he's around.

This track was done by my fam Ike LeeIII and Aaron Freedom Lyles who went on to do work for Erykah Badu, Angie Stone, Christopher Williams etc. Ike also produce my sinle Puttin It Wildly and Long Live The Lyrical.

cool

• oldnewsoul said:

This track was done by my fam Ike LeeIII and Aaron Freedom Lyles who went on to do work for Erykah Badu, Angie Stone, Christopher Williams etc. Ike also produce my sinle Puttin It Wildly and Long Live The Lyrical.

Ike Lee is "Rev Roc"? oldsoulnew is Chill Divine? That's dope as hell.

• Jspr said:
    oldnewsoul = Chill Divine? I love Long Live The Lyrical.

But just to be anal how come it says prod by Rev Roc and Chill Divine on the record.....?

Ike Lee III is Rev Rock. Prior to using his real name he used Rev RocHe was also in QBC (Adjusting my Mic) with Bryce Wilson of Groove Theory.

• oldnewsoul said:
    Jspr said:
    oldnewsoul = Chill Divine? I love Long Live The Lyrical.

But just to be anal how come it says prod by Rev Roc and Chill Divine on the record.....?

Ike Lee III is Rev Rock. Prior to using his real name he used Rev Roc He was also in QBC (Adjusting my Mic) with Bryce Wilson of Groove Theory.

http://www.diggerswithgratitude.com/aReview.php?r=8

• Jspr said:
    oldnewsoul = Prior to using his real name he used Rev RocHe was also in QBC (Adjusting my Mic) with Bryce Wilson of Groove Theory.

That QBC 12" still sounds great today, slept on by too many I think !