Melodies & Memories 85-89

captainplanetcaptainplanet 626 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
...mixed by Ant from Rhymesayers. After repeated listens I hearby decree this a classic. I realize I'm way late on this one (2005? I think?), but I'm posting this for the benefit of any other similarly slow learners. Sorry, no tracklisting that I'm aware of... if someone finds it, plaese to post. Track OneTrack Twoif you want the rest of the mix, hunt it down and put some money in dood's pocket.

Comments

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    I think it was 1999 or 2000 actually. I have the cassette around here somewhere--it has the cover of a Detroit Emeralds LP for the artwork.

• what kind of music is it?
    original stuff or a mix? whats the deal.
    wahts so good about it?

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    what kind of music is it?
    wahts so good about it?

It's just a mixtape of some bumps. That's all I can really remember.

• what kind of music is it?
    wahts so good about it?

yeah, classic hip hop, plus flipping acapellas and adding mad touches. check this Labcabin review:
    http://www.Labcabin.com/cds/307/1279/10637.html

• REALLY good blending and segueing going on.

• I think it was 1999 or 2000 actually. I have the cassette around here somewhere--it has the cover of a Detroit Emeralds LP for the artwork.

nah man, this came out last year or late 05. the cover has the photo shown above and its actually ant's record room/studio in his basement. its a tight mix. megamix style of classic hip hop jammies. you're thinking of a different mix he did that was on cassette and cd and had that detroit emeralds cover....

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    then this must be a sequel cause he def had a previous mix called the same, but i think it focused more on 90's hiphop.

• then this must be a sequel cause he def had a previous mix called the same, but i think it focused more on 90's hiphop.

i think you're correct. pretty sure he is doing volumes. i know the one above isn't that old though. you can find it on fifthelementonline.com