Am I hearing things or did Mary J. just thank...

oh_reallyoh_really 71 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
James Dilla?I had the TV on in the background and am pretty sure this is what she said. Can anyone confirm?just curious.

Comments

• I didn't hear anything about Dilla, but I swear I thought I heard her, for her 2nd Grammy,
    thank "baby Jesus" but I wasn't sure if it was for Big Baby Jesus or Little Baby Jesus.
    Coulda misheard that though.

This is definitely Mary's night. Mary J. Blige is getting her due tonight.

Also Ludacris won Best Rapp Album. He said something about "I guess I had to cut
    off all my hair to win a Grammy!" At the very end of his thank you list he shushed the
    crowd and got in a last shout-out to :"Oprah and Bill O'Reilly".

But wait a minit, isn't the Grammys run by the RIAA, the folls who are behind the
    recent DJ DRAMA mixtsape bust, as well as the lawsuit against a young woman here
    in Chicago for downloading songs?

So it should be like Fuck the RIAA, or rather I'm just tryin to hannel my business?

• I found it interesting that Mary J. rewrote "Stay With Me" (Lorraine Ellison's old soul hit from '66) with more self-assertive lyrics. Can't really blame her, since Lorraine's original was a non-stop, prideless beg-a-thon. Lorraine was "asking, begging, pleading" her man to stay. Mary J. just kept repeating "I'm telling you, telling you, telling you - stay with me, baby!"

Damn, Christina Aguilera hasn't looked this hot since she first started making records.

• Damn, Christina Aguilera hasn't looked this hot since she first started making records.

oh you mean when she was 18? hahahaha. you right though. please post a pic if her appearance tonight if you can. i'm not watching this schitt...

• Man, did y'all see the Gnarls Barkley performance? Cee-Lo and Dangermouse dressed up as
    airline pilots I think. They fucked the song all up, rearranged it into an off-beat feel.
    It was almost like a 6/8 plus 2 beats, repeated. Weird feel. But they unveiled the
    SURPRISE GOSPEL CHOIR, which will always do wonders for your stage act.
    My girl couldn't look at Cee-Lo, because "his teeth look too big".
    And you know, they did look pretty big, in a way that they don't when he's rapping.
    When he sings "Crazy", he opens his head in half.

• And you know, they did look pretty big, in a way that they don't when he's rapping.
    When he sings "Crazy", he opens his head in half.

Like a Canadian in South Park

• The girl Robin, who won the contest to sing with J.T., she is hott.
    Obviously a rookie, but all the way ready to go. She seemed really happy
    to be up there with J.T. but I think she looked a little intimidated or even
    scared when T.I. got too close.

What is a "candle guy" ?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

What is a "candle guy" ?

It's not "what"--it's "why" (simply 'cause he is on fahr).

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    I heard that Dilla thing, she did say thanks and R.I.P.

• Damn, Christina Aguilera hasn't looked this hot since she first started making records.

oh you mean when she was 18? hahahaha. you right though. please post a pic if her appearance tonight if you can. i'm not watching this schitt...

No pictures online as of yet, but I can tell you she was rocking an all-white pantsuit and went easy on the Tammy Faye makeup.

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts

The girl Robin, who won the contest to sing with J.T., she is hott.
    Obviously a rookie, but all the way ready to go. She seemed really happy
    to be up there with J.T. but I think she looked a little intimidated or even
    scared when T.I. got too close.

What is a "candle guy" ?

Was she the one who in the previews was singing the Whitney Houston song? She had my vote.. but I couldn't keep watching until the end.. an eagles tribute from some guys who look like they just got off Star Search?? And they wait until dudes are so old to give them awards that they are barely competent to be on stage and on the mic.. IE Burt Bacharach rambling on and then asking Seal if they could write a song together. Wyclef is bald? Random shots of people in the audience looking annoyed.
    Natalie Mains speaking. Rough, rough stuff.

And has James Blunt only been on the scene for a year? I guess I've heard that song enough times that it feels like it's about three years old.

big for the grammies

• When he sings "Crazy", he opens his head in half.
    yeah. .cee-lo looked like a black pac-man head with a pilot cap. i still liked the performance. peace, stein. . .