Expedit alternatives?

sconesscones 434 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Right, I had an expedit in the UK before i moved but now in Toronto and i need a shelfing solution yet again.Im thinking about getting another expedit, but just before i do, can anyone recommend perhaps a cheaper solution? Or a more expensive solution but worth it solution?Better if its Canada too! Or even better for Toronto!pz

Comments

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    prior to moving to nyc and purchasing my expedite, i had a cabinet that was made from a local cabinet maker in TX. That shit was awesome, fit damn near 800 records and was made specifically for LPs.

I only sold it because i didn't know what my space constraints were going to be when i moved up here (my cabinet was over 7 ft tall).

So to your question; look to see if you have any local people in your area who can make you a specific item to fit your needs. That way your are not bound to the H x W x D dimensions of shitty ikea furniture. May cost you more, but you will likely be happier with the outcome.

• get the IVAR shelf system from IKEA

• get the IVAR shelf system from IKEA

that wont work in cali. peace, stein. . .

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Your suggestion is to replace his Expedit with 25 crates??

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Digital crates.. I think he's suggesting Microwave.

- spidey

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    I built my own shelves from big-box hardware stores like Home Depot and Rona. Sorry, but I have no photos. But I do have list of wood used.

• Your suggestion is to replace his Expedit with 25 crates??

As much as I loved my expidite, crates are still a good look. when you have to move, your records are already packed up and ready to go.

• i think the crates soulonice is showiong are the ones that stack in a corner on top of each other...these are good. expensive after a while and really the same price as a expedit when all is said and done.

i need to get my cam out...i have another shelf system like the expedits that come on large castor wheel type things, they are really nice if you have wood floors or a large warehouse space. the wheel also lock when you want them to.