There goes my dude (Obama)

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
http://www.barackobama.com"I know I haven't spent a lot of time learning the ways of Washington. But I've been there long enough to know that the ways of Washington must change." That's my dude right there, ya'll.

Comments

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

fuck THAT !

J.P.

• montymonty 420 Posts

Hillary looks better in a pants suit.

• the 19848348348438434834834th politician to claim he's going to change washington.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    the 19848348348438434834834th politician to claim he's going to change washington.
    lol @ conservative dudes having like nothing to criticize dude for

• fuck THAT !

J.P.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

fuck THAT !

J.P.
    [

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    the 19848348348438434834834th politician to claim he's going to change washington.

You can sense their fears in the preemptive attacks against him. Like that Madrassah bullshit. They know they can wipe the floor with all those old timey Senate chumps, but Obama scares them. Seriously.

And their best dude--the "Maverick"--has got the xtian right dick deep up his ass and just put the soft money dick in his mouth. So much integrity.

Ha ha! I saw that. You, Guzzo and friends should do LITTLE research. Dude's all over the media and other stuff is public info.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Ha ha! I saw that. You, Guzzo and friends should do LITTLE research. Dude's all over the media and other stuff is public info.

That was me. The I saw the opening website, duh. I just dont see any of his achievements pushed in my face.
    What issue has attracted you as a voter?

• BunkBunk 15 Posts
    act like ya know

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Did you see that bullshit the Australian PM has to say about Obama

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Nah. But pcmr, could you give me something that attracts you to Obama?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Nah. But pcmr, could you give me something that attracts you to Obama?

I am canadian

however for arguments sake..and this is not much since there are 11 months left before primaries (no program yet related)

Basically he wants to focus on internal stuff for the US (the people) and has a vision of youth and accomplishement (push the energy the right way) that i can relate to

More stat quo view of him is
    he is a new voice and seems less politically trained (super cheesy but a bit true..he announced his run for candidacy in the same place than another underexperiecned candidate sis..Abraham Licoln) so he could provide new initiatives

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Yeah - like: "He smokes! He doesnt share our values!" or "His middle name is Hussein!"

Jesus - now that's some

And think about it - if the Dems win the presidency - Obama is probably at worst VP.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Well, considering his track record, I'm not surprised; he and Bush are crazy in love. Additionally, it's easy for the leader of a nation that has less than 650 active combat troops in the war and no chance of incurring a terrorist attack to throw their "Cowboy Jr." hat in the ring. Pfft.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

And think about it - if the Dems win the presidency - Obama is probably at worst VP.

i would not bet on that. assuming he gets the money to really push with Edwards/Hillary than that means he is going to go down to the wire with them. if he falls short in the end, i really don't see him jumping on another ticket as VP.

people don't run campaigns just to get the VP spot. he may be a good dude, but i doubt he is that humble.

i could see Biden or dude from NM as a VP candidate if they don't make much headway. but in all likelihood it will be someone outside the current presidential campaign.

but on the cool, the wild card that could really fuck with all of them is this dude:

mark my words, dude will impact the '08 election some how.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    the wild card that could really fuck with all of them is this dude:

mark my words, dude will impact the '08 election somehow.

That's one thing O could do to curry more favor with me - sign Gore onto his team; O's energy policy is weak, especially for a Dem.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

That's one thing O could do to curry more favor with me - sign Gore onto his team; O's energy policy is weak, especially for a Dem.

i feel you, but there is NO WAY IN HELL that Bill Clinton's ex VP is going to sign up for a team against Hillary. Just not gonna happen.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts

Well, considering his track record, I'm not surprised; he and Bush are crazy in love. Additionally, it's easy for the leader of a nation that has less than 650 active combat troops in the war and no chance of incurring a terrorist attack to throw their "Cowboy Jr." hat in the ring. Pfft.

I think, he thinks bush gives him more legitmacy..especially on foriegn policy issues. No one in Australia supported the war in iraq. There is no need for us to be there except to get all chummy with the US and secure trade deals.

And these relations haven't particulry imporoved our bargaining power anyway. I mean its taken 5 years to get our one gitmo detainee to trial while most other western nations have had theirs back on home soil within 2-3 years.

If obama aborts iraq, we have to leave too and that makes him look pathetic lapdog (which he is).

But he is on his way out anyway. He's been in for three terms..polls suggest that support for labour is on the rise and almost every state government has a labour premier. Conservative domination of aussie polictics is hopefully on the way out.

• I like Edwards.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I sincerely appreciate how all the right folks are opposing Obama. Aussie PMs, Ann Coulter, Tucker Carlson... when will Pat Robertson stand up?

That was me. The I saw the opening website, duh. I just dont see any of his achievements pushed in my face.
    What issue has attracted you as a voter?

he can make complete sentences, he baths and is not scared of dogs.

I sincerely appreciate how all the right folks are opposing Obama. Aussie PMs, Ann Coulter, Tucker Carlson... when will Pat Robertson stand up?

i sit back and watch how they respond to him. they are scared. i love that.

just youtube a few of his talks. or look watch his announcement on his website. it's only 20 mins. and closes with Jackie Wilson FFS. anyways i just feel good getting behind him.

i don't fuck with the punditocracy. that shit is all clatter.

try this:

watch every announcement speech by all 08 candidates--r's and d's. then tell us what you think. dude's on point. and, no, i don't agree with everything, but he's far from the lesser of many evils.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    how about he is opposed to a bullshit war and didn't pander to the political 'center' when that issue first came up.

how about he is opposed to a bullshit war and didn't pander to the political 'center' when that issue first came up.

for real, for real, that pretty much sold me.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

yeah but dude wasn't even in Congress when that vote went down? I don't doubt that he opposed it, but he wasn't a US Congressman during a period where every Peter,Bjorn and John in America wanted revenge for 9/11 regardless if we were attacking the right person.

i am willing to bet that there were many US congressmen/women who did not like the idea of going to war with Iraq, but just thought they should play the right political move at the time (i.e. Hillary). Obama gets that pass because he wasn't there, but unless he has a lot of material from before '03 talking about how he opposed that war, it may seem like some monday-morning quarterbacking if he takes it too far.

hind site is working in his favor, but he can't just rely on that regarding the war in Iraq.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    'it was a political good look' =/ it was a good look

"Fuck bill and hillary, ice cube there ain't no killin me"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

yeah but dude wasn't even in Congress when that vote went down? I don't doubt that he opposed it, but he wasn't a US Congressman during a period where every Peter,Bjorn and John in America wanted revenge for 9/11 regardless if we were attacking the right person.

i am willing to bet that there were many US congressmen/women who did not like the idea of going to war with Iraq, but just thought they should play the right political move at the time (i.e. Hillary). Obama gets that pass because he wasn't there, but unless he has a lot of material from before '03 talking about how he opposed that war, it may seem like some monday-morning quarterbacking if he takes it too far.

The war commenced ~March 2003; Obama was elected to the Senate ~November 2004... he clearly had designs upon a higher office at the time he spoke publicly against the war. In fact, he's probably had such designs for the entirety of his adult life, and has had to weigh whatever he says accordingly. He nonetheless chose to say the right thing.

Just saying, it's not at all like you or me speaking out against the war--Obama wanted to get elected in the near future and he knew that whatever he said regarding the war would resurface when he actually did seek office.

When I think about the cowardice of all those members of Congress that "did not like the idea" but nonetheless held their tongues or even lent their support to it, I am enraged. Enraged. I am not exaggerating.

• I understand batmon's skepticism at knee jerk support for obama, and wanting to dig deeper beyond the tshirts, etc.

So, let me say that so far what has attracted me to Obama is his eloquence, poise, and intelligence; these are all qualities that have been sorely lacking in American politics for the last 8 years, as discourse has been reduced to the lowest possible level.

Ie., 'they (non-specific) are evil; so forfeit your rights, and let me kill them. Oh, and while we are forfeiting rights, patriots like YOU should show how much you love america by making permanent these tax cuts that help my billionare buddies. In spite of the fact that it makes no sense, as i'm indulging in profligate spending with no forsite or prior planning; but TRUST ME. Because I'm the president, and you are patriots. god bless america. amen.'

do you realize that this man has made it possible that he can tap your phone with no oversight. then, he can throw you in jail for what he hears on that phone call, and hold you indefinitely without charges, without telling your family where you went? what is to stop our president from imprisoning political dissenters? Nothing but his sound and reasonable judgement...so, GULP...NOTHING. There is no legal or constitutional standard that he, in his infinite wisdom, has not disregarded with little to no respect for that document.

Frankly, I am looking forward to someone who is more familiar with legal and constitutional practices (harvard law review like what?) who didn't get into college based on his legacy, but on his intelligence, and THEN had the drive to actually try to LEARN something, and then the ambition to apply it in the real world...not by trading on a name and a legacy, but on his own ideas, principals, and intelligence.

Oh, and fuck mccain. fool nutered himself for the support of the pres and his cronies...remember that awkward hug from the '04 campaign? that ended any respect i had for the man. fuck him 1,000 times. man of principal my ass. just another wackasspol.

• When I think about the cowardice of all those members of Congress that "did not like the idea" but nonetheless held their tongues or even lent their support to it, I am enraged. Enraged. I am not exaggerating.

Amen...how could I think our government was full of shit, but they all fell for it? Enraged is the perfect word.