R&B versions of "She's Like The Wind"

Terry_ClubbupTerry_Clubbup 833 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
In due time, son, in due time...the time is NOW!Alright who is the Vibekingz featuring Maliq? Are these people German?The dude is heavily crushing on the female record store employee here.Dude, she's out of your league.

JUST A FULE TO BELIVE I HAVE ANYTHING SHE NEEDSComments & Responses Post a video response Post a text comment Most Recent ... 1 2 ... Oldest TylerKilo (8 hours ago) this is the coolest song ever!! (Reply) 10000005 (2 days ago) besssst song eva (Reply) xWalkItOutx (6 days ago) Cursin? (Reply) DobieGal (2 weeks ago) I luv diz song xD (Reply) MinaInChi (2 weeks ago) ♥'in this song (Reply) mzTHANGTYhoez (3 weeks ago) listen baby i ben around i know dat u like how i wear my crown oh (Reply) MrzCubana1 (4 weeks ago) Dis dat shit! (Reply) thisecret (1 month ago) This song is hot I just heard it on the radio yesterday I love it. (Reply) CASY8956 (1 month ago) I LOVE THIS SONG IS SO HOT, (Reply) hill03 (1 month ago) I love this!

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Thats's the recent craze over here and it is horrible. next one to follow will be laura brannigan's "self control"...go figure!

• What about diggin for a French record?

In America, I think Patrick Swayze is one of those rare white dudes
    that gets a pass into African-American culture, along with the great
    Michael McDonald, Justin Timberlake, and possibly John Mayer.

What I would like to hear is Omarion covering "Ride Like The Wind"
    by Christopher Cross. Maybe done up as one of those trance-rap-house
    pieces that noz was talking about.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Vibekingz featuring Maliq

Gack. Believe it or not, dude, I actually heard this shit right here in River City, on the raid-joe the other night while I was washing bottles. They ran it into some song by Chamillionaire, which ran into an ad for some Chamillionaire-based promotion the station was running jerntly with McDonalds, which ran into an ad for McDonalds, which ran into some sub-fantastic sub-Fantasia keening about love, loss, and sedans both foreign and domestic. And the whole shit was punctuated by interminable calls-in and shouts-out from teenage girls who start coherent but, once they realize they???re On! The! Radio!, go dog-whistle with the Pretty-Ricky quickness.

But anyway, when your man O.G. Swayzmore first came out with this, I remember this girl Tina at my middle school breaking down for me just how filthy this song was: ???Uh, ???my tree? ???wind???? Like, blow? I mean, talk about gross!??? I won???t pretend that all of that had occurred to me, but I do remember thinking that ???young old man??? was some profound shit.

Which is more viable: Tree as symbol of male potency (???She???s Like The Wind,??? ???Get Off My Log,??? et al.) or tree as symbol of female fecundity (your Macho-City co-citizen Steve Miller???s ???The Joker,??? Cap???n Beefheart???s ???Peaches,??? ad nauseam)? I???m leaning (ha!) toward the latter, but it's close.

Cheeseball covers that I nonetheless bang the shit out of: This eurodance version of ???Mary???s Prayer??? I got from somewhere, and The Latin Rascals ???Don???t Let Me Be Misunderstood.???

Three notes on that last one, though:

1) It???s still not nearly as corn as El Queso Combo Xingu???s cover of same (???I???m just a fool, and these changes are goot??????).

2) Many of their vocal excursions are dubious, but know this: The Latin Rascals are pretty unfuckwithable on the mix. Maybe not quite as rodeo as some of that that volume-knob-and-a-dream ???regulating??? shit (Eff El Lay, stand up), but still just slamming. At its best, completely devoid of subtlety, making Mantronix look like a fucking pointillist. Dudes got some work from motherfucking Warren Zevon that will leave you--yes you!--tore up and tow down. And Terry_LaRock, you know you???ve got that Hall and Oateses ???Out Of Touch??? twelve; so turn that shit over, holmes, and feel the hot wind through your tree and beneath your mullet.

3) Okay, this really doesn???t have anything to do with the Latin Rascals, but seems tangentially relevant: I currently have a crazy crush on the way Nocera pronounces her ???t???s in ???Summertime, Summertime.??? ???Thake meeee / Thake me to the whoa-thahhh / Sowmer-thime, sowmer-thime.??? High swoon. I think the first time I heard this, I was at a middle-school dance, chasing some smile that was attached to a sideways ponytail and an Italian Boys skirt. DJ Sam Something then segued into ???Summer Girls??? by your man Dino, and I felt kinda panicky, like I was caught in a vaguely Latinate version of the ???Hungry Like The Wolf??? video. I had to cool out on the bleachers for a second.

(And you should know, Terry, that there???s an mp3 floating around of one of DeeRock Supreme???s live sets wherein he rocks Cris Cross???s ???Ride Like The Wind??? over a succession of ultimate breaks and beats. It???s revolting, yet undeniable. Yet really revolting. Remind me some time and I???ll get that shit to you.)

• You know if they re-did Dirty Dancing[/b] right now, how low would they have to go to make it truly dirty? Things done changed. Right now you got roller skating rinks in the suburbs putting the BAN on juke dancing and freak dancing.
    Freak dancing is the biggest craze.

I mean damn, could you imagine putting a 21st century Freak Dance on to
    Jennifer Warren Lee?

Tree as symbol of male potency?[/b]
    or tree as symbol of female fecundity?[/b]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Artist: Patrick Swayze
    Song: She's Like the Wind [/b]

She's like the wind through my tree
    She rides the night next to me
    She leads me through moonlight
    Only to burn me with the sun
    She's taken my heart
    But she doesn't know what she's done

Feel her breath on my face
    Her body close to me
    Can't look in her eyes
    She's out of my league
    Just a fool to believe
    I have anything she needs
    She's like the wind

[SOLO]

I look in the mirror and all I see
    Is a young old man with only a dream
    Am I just fooling myself
    That she'll stop the pain
    Living without her
    I'd go insane

Feel her breath on my face
    Her body close to me
    Can't look in her eyes
    She's out of my league
    Just a fool to believe
    I have anything she needs
    She's like the wind

Feel your breath on my face
    Your body close to me
    Can't look in your eyes
    You're out of my league
    Just a fool to believe
    (Just a fool to believe)
    She's like the wind
    (Just a fool to believe)
    Just a fool to believe
    (She's like the wind)
    Just a fool to believe
    (Just a fool to believe)
    She's like the wind
    (Just a fool to believe)
    Just a fool to believe
    She's like the wind

(Just a fool...)
    (She's like the wind)
    (She's like the wind)
    (Just a fool...)
    (She's like the wind)
    (Just a fool...)

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Only to burn me

putting the BAN on juke dancing and freak dancing gringos celebrating Kwanzaa by dressing in "jungle" prints and "freak dancing"

"I CARRIED A WATERMELON!"

TAKE ME HOME

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21BUMP & GRIND[/b]

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Best bump today. Classic need not be that old or more than one page.