Gillie da Kid is a drug kingpin.

magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/news/local/16649560.htmBy DAVID GAMBACORTA[email]gambacd@phillynews.com[/email] 215-854-5994Gather 'round, one and all, to hear the legend of Gillie da Kid!Da Kid, aka Nasir Fard, 30, was once a member of the local rap group "Major Figgas." The group produced a minimally successful CD several years ago and then split.Since then, police say, Fard has become a major figure in his own right - in the local drug trade.Fard and five of his associates were locked up in Oxford Circle Tuesday night, after authorities discovered that Fard was running two drug stash houses on Passmore Street near Algon Avenue.Narcotics Capt. Chris Werner said investigators combed through the properties and confiscated 89 pounds of marijuana worth $404,000. Cops also got four pounds of marijuana from a Lexis driven by one of Fard's cohorts."They were supplying numerous drug dealers all over the city, not just in the Northeast," said Sgt. Robert Friel of Narcotics Field Unit 2.Werner said FBI agents were in Oxford Circle Tuesday interviewing residents about another stash house, on Levick Street near Trotter, where cops confiscated $6 million in cocaine in November.The agents were tipped to check out Fard's properties on Passmore and soon observed him receiving a delivery of marijuana, Werner said.The FBI and city narcotics officers set up surveillance for several hours and took down the alleged dealers when they tried to leave Tuesday night in an array of luxury cars, including a Jaguar and a Lexis.Also arrested were Mark Jeffries, 41; Rhashima Brown, 34; Regina Little, 27; Garnell Brown, 25, and Izeem Ruffings, 25 - all of Philadelphia. Each was charged with conspiracy and possessing narcotics with intent to deliver.Inside the properties, police also found evidence that suggested Fard hadn't given up his old career, including CDs and movies, such as "Marijuana High - Freshman Year," which features a photo of a flippant Fard on the cover.

Comments

• There's gonna be some stressed-out dudes in Philly for a few days I guess.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Lexis

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    let me holla at my philly connection...magnetic, you remember neva right???

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

We eagerly await word from your Philly connection, as filtered through your own unique French sensibility.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    Today, on my way to work, I heard on the radio that some guy (I forgot who. I think it was a rapper or actor) in Texas was busted for trafficking a large trunkful of codeine cough syrup. As soon as I heard that, I thought that the person on here who gets extremely defensive about Project Blowed and regional rap would start going off on his 5-pager tangents.

Damn, when will these puritianical, Reefer Madness era, Bible-thumping old farts in government die off already so we can make this shit legal and put that money to some good use?

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

• Today, on my way to work, I heard on the radio that some guy (I forgot who. I think it was a rapper or actor) in Texas was busted for trafficking a large trunkful of codeine cough syrup. As soon as I heard that, I thought that the person on here who gets extremely defensive about Project Blowed and regional rap would start going off on his 5-pager tangents.

Damn, when will these puritianical, Reefer Madness era, Bible-thumping old farts in government die off already so we can make this shit legal and put that money to some good use?

Are you sure it wasn't a football player, Terrence Kiel of the Chargers? He just plead guilty for trying to ship it to Texas.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20070208-9999-1s8kiel.html

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    Yes, that was it. I wasn't paying that much attention

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Yes, that was it. I wasn't paying that much attention

Too busy thinking about me???