Midistroke is....

bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

got my scratchlive box hooked up to padkontrol for some juggles

• bozakbozak 334 Posts

? do you mean nextlevel glorified button mashing? I dont know if thats exactly a juggle bro

I was actually reading about this earlier today. Is it hard to set up the midistroke software and program it?

more info would be mucho apreciated

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

? do you mean nextlevel glorified button mashing? I dont know if thats exactly a juggle bro

I was actually reading about this earlier today. Is it hard to set up the midistroke software and program it?

more info would be mucho apreciated

Not just pushing buttons.. traditional juggles / scratches combined with cue points makes for some crazy possibilities.

Midistroke isn't hard to set up.. you input the keyboard combo you want to control, then hit the pad / button / key on your midi device.

• i've been on it for months, people think you look cool when you use a keyboard with turntables even if you are just hitting cue points.

i wish you could set it up to set loop points too but the loop keyboard shortcut is a key command that Midistroke can't do. SSL 1.8 should have ableton like MIDI programming so midistroke will be a thing of the past.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    i've been on it for months, people think you look cool when you use a keyboard with turntables even if you are just hitting cue points.

i wish you could set it up to set loop points too but the loop keyboard shortcut is a key command that Midistroke can't do. SSL 1.8 should have ableton like MIDI programming so midistroke will be a thing of the past.

whats the keystroke for loop in/out?

• i'm not sure but i think it involves ALT and you can't do ALT commands with MIDIstroke

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    for all you non-midi keyboard havin fols..

Print these out on sticker paper:

High res:
    http://ssl-wiki.help.bootlegs.de/images/4/4e/SSL-Shortcut-Stickers.gif

These come in handy whether you're using MIDI or not.