Comments

• I cannot believe noone has mentioned

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE

That name...

- J

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Evanessence (SP?)

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    "My Chemical Romance" is in that long list above... What, you mean you didn't read it all???!!ONE!!?

• "? And the Mysterians" - good for pub trivia though.

always thought that name was great.

1960's garage bands didn't skimp when it came to naming themselves. Even if it was something generic like "the Chosen Few."

Now, 1980's synth-pop bands...that's when imagination flew out the window

• I have been contemplating opening a service similar to the website name assingment deal. All bands would be required to submit their name to my organization (with some context info if necessary) and then we would make a determination up or down. I think It would be fun to send out a form letter for rejections.

Dear Hoobastank, your name sucks. We're sorry but we have rejected your request for this name. You'll have go back to the drawingboard. After listening to your demo might we suggest American Garbage.

Regards,
    Standards and Practices

Awesome idea. I will even intern for the greater good.

I can't believe you were the first and only one to name Hoobastank. That has to be in the top 5 worst names ever.

I'd also like to add Phunk Junkeez to the list.

Dear Phunk Junkeez, your music is not funky. Junky yes. My staff recommends that you adopt the nom de rock, American Garbage.

Standards and Practices

lead by bands with great names like Guided By Voices

i love GbV. yes, as a band, but also as a bandname.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    There's a band from Seattle on this year's SXSW list named...

Steaming Wolf Penis

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The The

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    pretty much any neo-hardcore band name sucks but

scary kids scaring kids

wins the cake

on that note i always thought atreyu was a great name for a band, but the music itself is garbage.

i think "scary kids scaring kids" is the only band name i've LIKED in the whole thread! not familiar with the band though.

• "My Chemical Romance" is in that long list above... What, you mean you didn't read it all???!!ONE!!?

- J

• Tool, Fuel, and all the other Home Depot single-word names

String Cheese Incident (see Bathroom Etiquette thread)