Who ROCKS DOUBLES in NYC in 07?

PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Bueller?

Comments

• think this cat named s.erato does

probably just an urban legend or something but I heard he has doubles of EVERYTHING

• 29-year-olds:

Nothin' wrong with that.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    think this cat named s.erato does

probably just an urban legend or something but I heard he has doubles of EVERYTHING

I'm talking about records.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    29-year-olds:

Nothin' wrong with that.

This pic is at least 2 years old

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I don't understand.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I would like to know the names of some DJs in NYC who play 2 of the same vinyl record to "extend the break". It's like a throwback thing. I have exclusive audio of Bambaataa doing it on Dildo but it sounds like tinny crap.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Tons of people do, both in New York and all over the world. I just don't understand the post. It seems like Microwave-baiting to me.

• I can't speak for New York, but I do it in Tokyo

Can't wait to get a s.erato setup so I can do it more frequently/cheaply

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Tons of people do, both in New York and all over the world. I just don't understand the post. It seems like Microwave-baiting to me.

Holy shit! I didn't bring Microwave into this. the question was prompted by a discussion I had with a record store owner last week regarding a DJ we both know who recently left the country and who is well known for doubles. Get over thyselves, or just answer the question.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Holy shit! I didn't bring Microwave into this. the question was prompted by a discussion I had with a record store owner last week regarding a DJ we both know who recently left the country and who is well known for doubles. Get over thyselves, or just answer the question.

I have exclusive audio of Bambaataa doing it on Dildo but it sounds like tinny crap.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I didn't bring Microwave into this.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Great.

• Get over thyselves, or just answer the question.

you mean i can't just push shift left arrow and shift right arrow on my powerbook pro? that doesn't consist of rocking doubles?

ok, ok, ok...only if it's on 45 and on bell records, and i can do it with two portables hooked up to a lego mixer.

and just to clear the air, i like to bring the 70's microwave to my gigs, the one with the numbers that flip like old clock radios.

does this mean we're not friends any more sport?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Get over thyselves, or just answer the question.

you mean i can't just push shift left arrow and shift right arrow on my powerbook pro? that doesn't consist of rocking doubles?

ok, ok, ok...only if it's on 45 and on bell records, and i can do it with two portables hooked up to a lego mixer.

and just to clear the air, i like to bring the 70's microwave to my gigs, the one with the numbers that flip like old clock radios.[/b]

does this mean we're not friends any more sport?

Wow humor

• Wow humor

have i been away that long, is there no humor in the digging world? jesus, i need to get out of the office more.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

i got dubs. just dont rawk 'em.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    I don't understand.

Seriously, people have been doing this FOREVER, EVERYWHERE.
    It's Mandatory shit!
    Didn't the pony express ever come to your town and give you the news?

• I don't understand.

Seriously, people have been doing this FOREVER, EVERYWHERE.
    It's Mandatory shit!
    Didn't the pony express ever come to your town and give you the news?

they also have these things, they're called VCRs, you can record something on video cassette thatis playing on your TV when you're not home! just put the tv guide code in the vcr and set the timer. it's that easy!

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    they also have these things, they're called VCRs, you can record something on video cassette thatis playing on your TV when you're not home! just put the tv guide code in the vcr and set the timer. it's that easy!

I've been working on setting up my Beta Max machine to do this since
    1980. It's been quite a chore but I think I've finally got it!
    I'll just need to run to the local K-Mart to get some blank tapes.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    I would like to know the names of some DJs in NYC who play 2 of the same vinyl record to "extend the break". It's like a throwback thing. I have exclusive audio of Bambaataa doing it on Dildo but it sounds like tinny crap.

you realize that using doubles (usually to rewind the intro, not the break) is like a staple of Funkmaster Flex style club hip hop djing?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

bingo.