edited February 2007 in Strut Central
just got it.wicked so far.thanks.

Comments

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

YOU NEED THIS [/b]

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Thirded.

• Fourthed.

I am digging this; its not the usual, 'oh sweet, and bunch or obscure latin songs.' This is some educational, hard-edged music. Moving, driving latin funk/soul/rock...Freedom Got an AK Latin Funky Soul Shite. (not all of it will mow you down with an automatic, but there is som heavy stuff on here.)

Dann0, the art is a perfect match, I might add. After a few of the about track 3, I thought to myself, 'don't know what i was expecting- there is an ak-47 on the front.'

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    I'm just sitting on my hands waiting for this right now

• I can't believe I'm just hearing this now. So stoked to have been part of this project and can't wait to work on the art for the sequel??? (spoilerstrut)

Every song is a banger and this is gonna get some serious regular rotation.

Thanks for the good words on the artwork,
    Mike

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    top notch all around - congrats to all involved!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Yes!! Got mine yesterday. What an amazing selection of music. Solid work Danno

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    This is quite the excellent mix. Danno has out done himself. Everything about it is tight. My copy came in the mail last week & has been a perpertual play. If u don't have this, cop with a quickness.

Gracias Dan!

Peace

h

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I'm glad to know that people are feeling this! It's been less than two weeks since the album came back from the manufacturer and the positive response is nearly overwhelming. Given the crazy amount of work that went into this project, it's gratifying to learn that it's being appreciated. Thanks!

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    SEND ME MY CD!!!!!

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    when and where can i get a copy in Amsterdam ?

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    on all of that. I'm also thrilled that I was part of this project - one of the best CDs we've ever pressed, no understatement.

The Postal Service is literally killing me right now.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

The Postal Service is literally killing me right now.

My shipping is on point! The CDs go out either the day of or the day after receiving payment. What Canada Post does after that is beyond my control.

I've been at the post office virtually every business day for the past two weeks mailing out hundreds of CDs and I still can't understand how Canada Post works. To wit: 2 CDs from Fredericton (my location) to anywhere in Canada: 8.86; 1 CD from Fredericton to anywhere in Canada: 1.89. I can send 3 CDs separately for less than the cost of sending 2 together. How does this make sense? Anyway, it seems to take about three to four business days for the CDs to arrive wherever and however I send them.

Wow, this is shit is mind blowing. I'm glad you didn't give away too much material on your show. Shit is amazing, danno, really.

to the nth degree

• jazzercismjazzercism 838 Posts
    Just read this review:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/re...cuba-volume-one. Congratulations, the comp is fantastic.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Sup with the Waxing Deep site being down?

I need to holler.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Anyone got a link to DL?

Kidding.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Great comp!

Me chillin' in Cuba!

• oldjeezyoldjeezy 134 Posts
    Really great stuff. Just straight up good quality music, which is often not the case with comps. Too often they lean toward obvious hard funk breaks or lame-ass remixes. Nice work to all involved.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    late pass here.
    just picked it up this weekend and its dope. good work!

is there a volume 2 out?

• is this CD only?

with all the positive feedback id like to get my hands opn that but preferrably vinyl.

Volume II is currently in the works. It's going to be sweet! I expect to have it ready for April. Vinyl is a possibility, but damn if it isn't expensive. I'm not getting rich on this project and cash flow is always an issue.

• Yes, loved this! I even found the Monumental LP with the title track from a nearby shop about a week from when I received the CD.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    can someone post up an MP3 of this CD.

just kidding.